PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Waive Event June 6, Guelph Spring Pro-Am CANCELLED

Hal Bond
05-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Guelph is holding an Olympic Waive tournament on Sunday June 6 in room 442 of the Guelph University Centre. This is a 3 round tournament, time control is 30 minutes plus 30 second increment. Entry fee is $20 in advance or $25 on site. $20 per player will be donated to the Olympic Fund. CFC rated, non members welcome. Round times are 10am, 1pm and 3pm. All equipment will be provided.

In order to accommodate this Olympic Fundraiser the Guelph Spring Pro-Am is cancelled. Those who have registered for the Pro-Am are most welcome to play in the Olympic Waive event and the difference in entry fees refunded. I apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you on June 6.

Players may pre-register by emailing me at halbond@sympatico.ca

Many organizers in Canada have already been contacted about the Olympic Waive events and I hope they will consider holding one or more of them. Olympic Waive tournaments provide an opportunity to reach put to past members and new prospects which I hope will also serve to expand our membership base.

If there are any organizers out there who did not receive my initial I would love to hear from you. Again my email address is halbond@sympatico.ca

Jonathan Berry
05-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Hal:

The Title for your announcement looks to the casual observer like you're cancelling both tournaments. A possible alternate wording is ...