PDA

View Full Version : Ag. Item # 11A -Voting on Motion 2010-06 - First Time CFC'er Membership Discount

Bob Armstrong
04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
This thread/poll is soley for voting on Motion 2010-06 -First Time CFC'er Membership Discount Replacing Tournament Playing Fee

Here is the Motion:

Motion 2010-06 on CFC Fees

Motion : Moved: Bob Armstrong; Seconded: Gary Gladstone

First-Time CFC Member Introductory Discount –

Section 375 ( Tournament Playing Fee ) of Section 3 ( Motions Applicable to No Other Section ) of the CFC Handbook is deleted. Substituted for it is:

“ 375. An annual membership discount of 40% will be given for first time CFC members ( CFC will publish a rounded off figure for the convenience of organizers ). “

To review the debate on this motion before voting, see " Ag. Item # 11 - Motion # 2010 -06 - Discussion of Elimination of Tournament Playing Fee/ First Time CFC'er Membership Discount " Below.

Since we are voting " on-line " , you need not send an e-mail vote to the CFC Secretary.

Bob

Alick Tsui
04-12-2010, 01:45 PM
In NL, we always waive the entry fee for a new member's first tournament to draw his/her membership to CFC.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A.
04-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Motions for Final Vote: 2010-05: Governor Inactivity + other motions -- GL #4 IS OUT

Motions for Final Vote:
2010-05: Governor Inactivity Rule
Vote YES NO ABSTAIN
2010-06: CFC Membership Fees (discount for first-time members)
Vote YES NO ABSTAIN
2010-07: CYCC Qualification Rules
Vote YES NO ABSTAIN
Motions for Second Discussion:
Additional motions concerning role of Executive
Motion # 2010-08 – New Section of Bylaw 3, Duties of Officers, Section 4 - President
Motion # 2010-09 – Amending Section 5 of Bylaw 3 – First Vice- President
Motion # 2010-10 – Amending Section 8 of Bylaw 3 – Treasurer
Motion # 2010-11 – New Section of Bylaw 3, Duties of Officers, Section 8D– FIDE
Representative
Motion # 2010-12 – Abolition of the Junior Participating Membership class
Motions for First Discussion:
Motion # 2010-13 – Canadian Closed Regulations
Motion # 2010-14 –Important Events in Canada – Guidelines, Bids
(note – please vote ONLY on motions 2010-05 through 2010-07 – only these motions are up
for vote in this Governors’ Letter)
Deadline for submissions to GL#5 is Friday April 23rd, 2010
Responses may be mailed, faxed or E-mailed to the Chess Federation of
Canada, 356 Ontario Street, Suite 373, Stratford, ON N5A 7X6
Phone: (519) 508-2362, Fax: (519) 508-6595, E-Mail: secretary@chess.ca

Valer Eugen Demian
04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
In NL, we always waive the entry fee for a new member's first tournament to draw his/her membership to CFC.

Thank you for contributing Alick! :)

Bob Armstrong
04-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Votes Cast - 31

Yes - 5
No - 24
Abstain - 2

Motion is defeated.

It must be remembered, however, that the votes taken in this meeting are only “ straw votes “, since there is as of yet, no Handbook section that allows this kind of “ on-line “ voting by Governors.
So the motion will still now go on to the next GL or AGM voting as already scheduled, to be voted on again.

Is this summary generally satisfactory?

Bob

Egidijus Zeromskis
04-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Since we are voting " on-line " , you need not send an e-mail vote to the CFC Secretary.

Motion is defeated.

Bob, I think you made a confusion with this motion and a voting procedure. It is not clearly written that it is ONLY a STRAW vote, thus the motion is NOT YET DEFEATED.

Governors, those who are not favoring this motion, please send your clear NO to the CFC Secretary ( secretary@chess.ca ) by April 23rd, 2010.

Bob Armstrong
04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi Egis:

You raise a point of possible confusion - I did mean the " straw vote " is defeated. I mentioned not sending an e-mail, because a governor sent an e-mail to the Secretary re the " on-line " vote. I didn't want Lyle inundated with e-mails re the " on-line " meeting.

But I think this is clear since my summary said at the bottom:

" It must be remembered, however, that the votes taken in this meeting are only “ straw votes “, since there is as of yet, no Handbook section that allows this kind of “ on-line “ voting by Governors.
So the motion will still now go on to the next GL or AGM voting as already scheduled, to be voted on again."

But it is important to make the point that the GL vote on this motion is still going on now - from April 12 - 23 - thanks. And it does require an e-mail vote to the Secretary.

Bob