PDA

View Full Version : Ag. Item # 5 – AGM Modernization Update

Bob Armstrong
04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
The AGM Modernization Subcommittee ( myself as Chair, Chris Mallon and Jason Lohner ) have now agreed on a model developed by Chris. It will see the AGM take place at the Can. Open as usual, but the proceedings there will be broadcast in both audio and video, so it can be received by governors across the country on their computers. The not-on-site governors will be able to type in to the meeting text of their comments/questions/ etc., and they will be read out by the Secretary using the laptop, to those governors on-site. We will be posting shortly after this meeting, the proposed model, for public feedback. We hope to try, similar to this meeting, a small trial meeting sometime in May, with a few executive on site, and a few representative governors across the country.

Any comments?

Patrick McDonald
04-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Just wondering what technology you are settling on ... Office Live? Adobe Connect?

Christopher Mallon
04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
No, going with a cheap route for now (software wise less than $25). It doesn't do exactly what I want it to do, but exactly what I want apparently costs $4000-$6000.

Stijn De Kerpel
04-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Please let me know when you plan to have this trial - I will be happy to attend. Has any thought been given to a telephone conference call (in case they don't have a computer handy)?

Bob Armstrong
04-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi Stijn:

As soon as this meeting is over, the Subcommittee will be posting the Mallon AGM Model for public consideration and response. After that, I will be asking Chris Mallon if he would take charge of carrying out the " trial " AGM, since he is on the Subcommittee, it is his model, and he has the technical expertise. If he agrees, then I'm sure he will be in touch with you soon after.

As I said above, it will be a small trial meeting sometime in May, with a few executive on site, and a few representative governors across the country. We need to see how the audio/video broadcasting will work, and whether governors texting in their comments to the site laptop will be efficient. If it works, then we have to see whether we can implement it for the Toronto July AGM, or whether some Handbook amendments are first required to implement it ( I hope not, but the Subcommittee has not yet got to the legislative part yet ).

Bob

Michael Barron
04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi Stijn:

As soon as this meeting is over, the Subcommittee will be posting the Mallon AGM Model for public consideration and response. After that, I will be asking Chris Mallon if he would take charge of carrying out the " trial " AGM, since he is on the Subcommittee, it is his model, and he has the technical expertise. If he agrees, then I'm sure he will be in touch with you soon after.

As I said above, it will be a small trial meeting sometime in May, with a few executive on site, and a few representative governors across the country. We need to see how the audio/video broadcasting will work, and whether governors texting in their comments to the site laptop will be efficient. If it works, then we have to see whether we can implement it for the Toronto July AGM, or whether some Handbook amendments are first required to implement it ( I hope not, but the Subcommittee has not yet got to the legislative part yet ).

Bob

Chris,

Could we use OCA AGM as a trial meeting?
I believe, it will take place sometime in May, right?

Christopher Mallon
04-11-2010, 09:59 PM
It's possible. I'll look into it.

Bob Armstrong
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
The AGM Modernization Subcommittee ( Bob Armstrong, as Chair, Chris Mallon and Jason Lohner ) have now agreed on a model developed by Chris. It will see the AGM take place at the Can. Open as usual, but the proceedings there will be broadcast in both audio and video, so it can be received by governors across the country on their computers. The not-on-site governors will be able to type in to the meeting text of their comments/questions/ etc., and they will be read out by the Secretary using the laptop, to those governors on-site. The Subcommittee will be posting shortly after this meeting, the proposed Mallon model, for public feedback. They hope to try, similar to this meeting, a small trial meeting sometime in May, with a few executive on site, and a few representative governors across the country. Chris Mallon will be asked to set up and carry out this trial meeting. He is considering as one option, using the model at the Ontario Chess Association Meeting on May 15, as the trial run.

Is this summary generally satisfactory?

Bob