PDA

View Full Version : Ag. Item # 17 – New Business

Bob Armstrong
04-08-2010, 08:12 AM
In this thread, pleased post any new items you would like the governors to discuss during this meeting. I will then request that Eric authorize me to add this item to the agenda, as a sub-item under this agenda item. If Eric is not inclined to add it to the agenda, I will post this response.

Egidijus Zeromskis
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I am very disappointed that there were no results for the previous votings. The promised GL is not delivered yet.

I think we must fix dates for the GL release.

Ken Craft
04-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Actually, I think we need to abolish GLs and replace them completely with an online form of governance.

Bob Armstrong
04-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Ken and Egis:

The intention is that all motions will in future be done in Governors' meetings, unless more urgent, and done by e-mail. Thus there will be no need to post motions in the GL's, except to list them as coming up in the next Governors' Quarterly meeting. Comments will now all be made in the governors' meetings.

However, there is still a member communication role for the GL's. The Governor Voting Modernization Subcommittee Motion implementing our new on-line procedures has a " Note " as follows:

2. Governors’ Letters

These will be issued from time to time, containing matters the executive/governors wish to convey to the membership. The Secretary shall set the deadline for submissions. These shall be apart from the Governors’ Letters containing the Minutes of the governors’ meetings, or combined with the presentation of the Minutes. ]

Bob

Christopher Mallon
04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Since Eric is apparently still absent, the meeting technically needs to elect a "chair" to rule on anything that might come up, call votes open, etc.

Bob Armstrong
04-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Chris:

I had assumed the position of " acting chair " , as Posting Secretary, in Eric's absence, so the meeting would have a chair.

I am most willing to have you post a request for nominations, and then post a poll where we all could vote on a " chair ". I should not do it myself, since I am the " acting chair " at the moment.

Bob