PDA

View Full Version : 3 Election of voting members from Non-Affiliated Provinces/Territories

Lyle Craver
08-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Election of voting members from Non-Affiliated Provinces/Territories (nominations close on day 3, if elections are required this will take place on days 4-5)

Please note that this year this means Quebec and Yukon (we currently have no members in NWT or NU)

Fred McKim
08-12-2020, 04:33 PM
Quebec VM -- From English Chat Forum thread: Pierre Denommee

If elected as an Officer, he wishes to step down from this position, if elected - but I don't think that is technically possible (a replacement can't be named to get an extra VM from a province). May need a ruling.

Vladimir Drkulec
08-15-2020, 11:40 PM
The FQE have submitted the names

Éric Guipi Bopala President of the FQE

Richard Bérubé Executive Director of the FQE

Vadim Tsypin Assistant to the President of FIDE, Arkady Dvorkovich

We did allow Egis Zeromskis to run for the National Appeals Committee last year with the proviso that he would decline the nomination if he won the VP election so we should allow it if we are to be consistent.

The FQE have also submitted a proposal for closer cooperation which I didn't see until this evening. I have forwarded it to the executive.

Pierre Dénommée
08-18-2020, 07:50 PM
Quebec VM -- From English Chat Forum thread: Pierre Denommee

If elected as an Officer, he wishes to step down from this position, if elected - but I don't think that is technically possible (a replacement can't be named to get an extra VM from a province). May need a ruling.

I am still thinking with the previous CFC Constitution which allowed the Provinces to fill any vacancies. The new one may not be as clear on this issue.