PDA

View Full Version : my first pseudo-political post here

Aris Marghetis
11-02-2019, 01:31 PM
Colin Strother (Democratic strategist based in Texas) describes the battle over impeachment messaging this way:

"We have this thing in Texas about playing chess against a chicken. He'll just knock over all the pieces and crap on the board, then strut around like
he won the game."

Strother says it's difficult for the Democrats to argue against the Republicans' talking points because many of them aren't based on facts.

Many of the Republicans criticizing the process, for example, were members of the committees conducting the closed-door hearings.

And also check this out from Canadian parliament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3OV51n3PyM&feature=youtu.be

I am STILL belly-laughing!

Christopher Mallon
11-03-2019, 04:46 PM
I've been sad to see the increased partisanship and loss of constructive opposition. It seemed to start in the USA but it's definitely spread to Canada.

Aris Marghetis
11-03-2019, 07:41 PM
I've been sad to see the increased partisanship and loss of constructive opposition. It seemed to start in the USA but it's definitely spread to Canada.

Very well said. I also lament people not necessarily thinking through each topic for themselves, and just following whatever their party's position is on all topics.

Christopher Mallon
11-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Very well said. I also lament people not necessarily thinking through each topic for themselves, and just following whatever their party's position is on all topics.

I feel this doubly, as I don't have a strong party affiliation. A majority of my votes since turning 18 have been Liberal, but I think that's more because of them being centrist than me particularly liking them. Sometimes it has been strategic too, such as in this election that just happened. I've also voted NDP and Green before, and I probably would have voted for the pre-Harper/Harris PC parties sometimes as well - bad timing on growing up I guess?

Kevin Pacey
12-22-2019, 03:33 AM
Fwiw, here's the wiki re: Canadian political blogosphere (apparently mostly right-wing):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_political_blogosphere