Vladimir Drkulec
08-20-2018, 12:04 PM
I nominate Ken Craft.

Ken Craft
08-20-2018, 12:20 PM
I am pleased to accept.

Egidijus Zeromskis
08-20-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm putting my name for two positions: this one, and "director at large". Hopefully the voting will be not too complicated.

Egidijus Zeromskis
08-21-2018, 10:34 AM
I'll repeat myself from other thread.

There are several reasons I put my name on this position "Vice-president":

I'm returning for the hiatus with CFC Governors and Voting A member for several years. Seem to me that after the transformation to the new Non-for-profit regulations the CFC became the executive-board orientated organization - most things are done or not done through them. Several issues I would like to work on:
* Newsletters - needs to go back on track with regular issues.
* Expanding orientation to adults. We read that youth goes here and there. Apart of the Olympiad & World Cup, adults are non-exist.
* Website. Sorry, but be embarrassed by parents who told that it did not work and they could not renew or get memberships for their kids, were too much.

A little bit about myself: a national master though shifting towards organizing tournaments; became a FIDE licensed national arbiter to conduct twice-a-year the Aurora Open (this fall it will be 15th) with a growing participation (most recent 150 players); a president of Aurora Chess Club with >60 members whom are CFC members too! Over the last year the club organized simuls and raised several hundreds to the Olympiad fund.

Please consider my candidacy and issues when casting your vote. Thnx.

Gary Hua
08-22-2018, 06:16 AM
I nominate Egis for this position of CFC Vice President if there is a need for nomination.

Egis is one who has done a incredible job at Aurora and always voices the right thing about chess in Canada.

He will be the best person to assist Vlad in promoting chess in Canada