PDA

View Full Version : Olympiad fundraising

Ilia Bluvshtein
08-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Dear chess friends,

There will be a fundraising event in October in Toronto with the members of the Canadian Olympiad teams. The event will probably include lectures, simul,
blitz tournament and a small banquet.

The members of the Olympiad teams are enthusiastically behind the event. Natalia Khoudgarian, Yuanling Yuan, Hazel Smith, Irina Barron, Nikolay Noritsyn, Mark Bluvshtein, Igor Zugic, and Ron Liv****s confirmed their participation. Pascal Charbonneau and Thomas Roussel-Roozmon support the vent morally but the cost of taking them to Toronto would be greater then benefit. (Pascal lives in New-York and Thomas lives in Montreal.)

Gary Gladstone will be assisting with the event.
More details to follow...

Taking this opportunity, I would like to mention that all tournament organizers are encouraged to help raise funds for the Olympiad by having a blitz tournament, bug house tournament, auction or just a cup for donations.

Ilia Bluvshtein, Olympiad co-coordinator.

Ilia Bluvshtein
08-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Dina Kagramanov confirmed participation!

Stijn De Kerpel
09-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Ilia,

This is excellent news! Can you please advise ASAP as soon as you know what the dates are? We need to get as much support and advertising as possible for this event!

Thanks,

Stijn.

Bob Armstrong
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Two of the junior Canadian Women's Olympiad team members clashed in Rd. 6 of the Toronto Labour Day Open, WFM Yuanling Yuan, and WFM Hazel Smith. Their game, with analysis, is posted on the chess website, Chess5 ( www.chess5.com ). When you get to the homepage, click on " Public Games " at the top to get the September list of games. Find the game on the list, and click on " View ". You will get a board and the score ( it sometimes takes a few seconds to load ), and can play the game over right there. It is a Ruy Lopez, which later transposes into a KID. Yuanling wins in classic white fashion on the Q-side, when Hazel's black K-side attack fails to materialize - good close game.

Bob

Egidijus Zeromskis
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Team members in the Labour day tournament (photos): my photo webpage (http://www.kris-egis.com/egisphoto/thumbnails.php?album=14)

Natalia had not started her game when I was taking pictures and I was not willing to disturb with a flash later.