PDA

View Full Version : Question about SwissSys or SwissAssistant...

Kerry Liles
05-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Maybe it is late, or I am tired, or both...

Assume I have a standard crosstable for a round-robin... 12 Players, therefore 11 "rounds".

Question is this: HOW can the results be entered into SS or SA? It appears you cannot enter the results trivially from the crosstable since you have to avoid conflicting games in each specific round...

I found an interesting online tool here:

http://chess.cern.ch/tournaments/robin.en.shtml

to generate pairings for round-robins of "n" players, but short of recoding all the results in the specific rounds, has anyone a better idea? I guess from a crosstable, one has to criss-cross the result table in a specific pattern, but that pattern eludes me at this hour...

Of course, had I been able to enter the results round by round, I would have avoided this hassle, but I am entering the results post-tournament and all I have is the final results crosstable.

Christopher Mallon
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I haven't had the opportunity to try this using the latest SwissSys, but in the older version if you turned on editing you could manually enter information into the crosstable display itself.

Egidijus Zeromskis
05-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Assume I have a standard crosstable for a round-robin... 12 Players, therefore 11 "rounds".

You are lucky, it is a standard round-robin. Look what could be the next time :D http://www.chess.ca/xtableSQL.asp?TNum=200905035

To help with your results:

Enter your players into SwissSys.
Make pairings (Pairings/Pair-Next-Round or F5)
Set to Round-robin.
Go to Pairing rules... (the same window).
Click on FIDE defaults but (and) unckeck Random Lot Numbers for Round-Robin.
OK. OK.
Now you should get a window "Assing Lot Numbers". Carefully assign the numbers accordingly to your crosstable.
OK.
You'll get a swiss-type crosstable .

Then go Pairings/Round-Robin-Pair-Table, where players must be in the same order as in your crosstable. Enter as Chris wrote (work with a mouse or a keyboard).

Hope it helps and does not confuse completely :rolleyes:

Kerry Liles
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
You are lucky, it is a standard round-robin. Look what could be the next time :D http://www.chess.ca/xtableSQL.asp?TNum=200905035

To help with your results:

Enter your players into SwissSys.
Make pairings (Pairings/Pair-Next-Round or F5)
Set to Round-robin.
Go to Pairing rules... (the same window).
Click on FIDE defaults but (and) unckeck Random Lot Numbers for Round-Robin.
OK. OK.
Now you should get a window "Assing Lot Numbers". Carefully assign the numbers accordingly to your crosstable.
OK.
You'll get a swiss-type crosstable .

Then go Pairings/Round-Robin-Pair-Table, where players must be in the same order as in your crosstable. Enter as Chris wrote (work with a mouse or a keyboard).

Thanks Egidijus... that seems simple enough..... hehe

I'll give that a try later tonight perhaps.

Kerry Liles
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM

I can report that technique worked! (I have NO idea how you knew that - was it buried in the Help file somewhere??)

One glitch: when I went to Save the results file no matter what choice I made I got a "range error". No matter: I created the files for CFC submission and then just exited...

THANK YOU Egidijus.