PDA

View Full Version : 4. Executive Reports

Lyle Craver
11-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Executive members and CFC Officers please post your reports here using the lettering given in the agenda in your title line.

Pierre Dénommée
11-21-2016, 03:19 PM
My appointment to this position is very recent.

I have nothing to report.

Paul Leblanc
11-22-2016, 01:32 AM
I don't have the usual statistics for this meeting. I have no reason to believe the system is not stable nor that the rating software is not functioning properly.
I have tabled a motion to allow CFC members to apply to have their USCF and FQE tournaments rated by the CFC.

Paul Leblanc
11-22-2016, 01:37 AM
Not much change since my annual report at the end of the fiscal year, April 30th. Investments have moved up a little, in line with market conditions. The income for the current fiscal year is on track to slightly exceed last year. I am waiting for the CFC office to let me know if there have been any life memberships sold since April 30th.

Fred McKim
11-22-2016, 10:22 PM
L. Treasurer's Report

Waiting for the haf-year financials, which Bob thinks will be ready in the next week or so. We can continue any discussion when they are posted.

Ken Craft
11-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Most of time has been involved in the discussion of various legal issues.

Gary Hua
11-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Youth Co-ordinator's report

Under my care, two world youth tournaments as follows :

1. WYCC at Khanty Mansiysk end Sep to early Oct , Russia where 6 Canadians played. Christina Tao was the HOD and she did a great job taking care of the players.

http://chess.ca/newsfeed/node/892

2. WCCC at Batumi, Georgia Oct 18-31, 2016 where 15 Canadians played. Anabelle K was the HOD and she did a great job as well. Her son Anthony won 5th place in the U-8 category.

http://chess.ca/newsfeed/node/900

3. WYSC Dec 2-12, 2016 Sochi, Russia

We will ave two players playing at the event. Tam Vo, dad of the two kids will be the HOD. I think this is the first time players from Canada playing at WYSC. No financial support from CFC though for this tournament.

Hal Bond
11-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Since my report from the Baku Olympiad, 2 FM titles have been awarded to Canadian players. Congratulations to John Doknjas and Mike Ivanov. As noted by our President, the WGM title is expected to be awarded to Qiyu Zhou at the next Presidential Board meeting.

After some reluctance from the Polish Chess Federation, WIM Agnieszka Matras-Clement has successfully transferred to Canada. Welcome Agnieszka!

Respectfully submitted
Hal Bond