PDA

View Full Version : 1. CFC Incoming Annual Meeting - Agenda and Opening Comments by Chair

Lyle Craver
08-18-2016, 01:52 AM
Chess Federation of Canada - Annual General Meeting - Incoming Voting Members - 21 - 28 August 2016

(Note to voting members: all votes open at 9pm ET, all votes and nominations close at 6pm ET, the meeting ends at 10pm ET on August 28th)

Part 1 - Agenda and Sign-in

1. Agenda & Opening Comments of Chair
2. voting member Sign-in

Part 2 - Election of voting members from Non-Affiliated Provinces / Territories

3. Election of voting members from Non-Affiliated Provinces/Territories (nominations close on day 3, if elections are required this will take place on days 4-5)

3A. SK - (1)
3B. QC - (3) Ratification of FQE nominees for CFC voting member (if no objections are posted to any FQE nomination these will be acclaimed at the end of the nomination period)
3C. YT - (1)

Part 3 - Elections of Federation Executive Members, Officers and other positions

4. Nomination of Candidates for Election (nominations close at 6pm ET August 23 - day 3, elections continue through 6pm ET August 26 - day 6)

4.1 President
4.2 Vice-President
4.3 Secretary
4.4 Treasurer
4.5 Youth Coordinator
4.6 FIDE Representative
4.7 Director at Large
4.8 Rating Auditor
4.9 Publicity Officer
4.10 Women's Chess Coordinator

Members should note positions 1-6 + 10 make up the CFC Executive, 7-9 are non-Executive Officers of the Federation

5.A Elections of the above positions

5.B Election of Directors and Officers

6. Appointment of CFC Committee members: (nominations close at 6pm ET August 23 - day 3, elections for contested positions continue through 6pm ET August 27 - day 7)

* 6.1 Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees - Four year term:

* 6.2 Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees - One year term:

* 6.3 Kalev Pugi Fund Committee:

* 6.4 National Appeals Committee:

7. Election of CFC Committee members (see sections 4.1 - 4.11 - in sections 4.1 - 6.4 all positions where an election is being held is marked with *)

8.Discussion of agenda items and new business
8A Youth Committee
8B Alternatives for choosing Olympiad team

Voting on all items excluding voting members, Executive and Officers will begin on day 4 (August 12) and continue to the end of the meeting (August 16)

9. Bids for 2017/2018 Events

9E Any other Bids/Business:

9F Next Canadian Women's Closed

10. Other Business
- 10.1 Youth Advisory Committee
- 10.2 Olympic Selection Rules
- 10.3 CFC E-mail magazine discussion

New Agenda Item for discussion only.

11. Bids for National Championships 2017/18 and onward

12. Adjournment & Closing Comments by Chair

Vladimir Drkulec
08-21-2016, 10:20 AM
I would like to welcome the voting members to this incoming annual general meeting. Some of you will be continuing as voting members for 2016 to 2017 and will also be participating in the outgoing meeting. A number of you will be voting members for the first time. Some will be stepping back after this outgoing meeting. For both groups I would like to thank you for your service to the CFC and chess in Canada.

In addition to the elections of the executive (directors) and officers we will also have discussion items on alternative Olympiad selection rules, development of a Youth Advisory Committee, the CFC email magazine, the CFC-FQE agreement and any items that voting members would like to bring up under new business. All of the members of the current executive or directors have indicated a willingness to stand again for office. We have had a moderately successful year with increases in membership, participation and rating fee revenue. I was somewhat distracted in the second half of the year by my organizing activities (in particular CYCC, Canadian Open and NAYCC as part of the Caesars Windsor Summer of Chess). While I plan to continue to organize tournaments, chess classes and chess events in Windsor I don't anticipate doing three large tournaments at once as happened this summer. I am happy that I managed to hold these events successfully with a lot of help but it is already time to move forward and confront the next challenges. Fortunately we have the CYCC and Canadian Open awarded already for 2017 (in Sault Ste. Marie) and 2018 (in Quebec City) which is a very good situation to be in. There will be no frantic campaigns to try to get someone to organize these tournaments until 2019 at the earliest so we will be able to turn our full attention to other issues confronting Canadian chess.

Let us now call the meeting to order. Don't forget to check in to the meeting by answering the question in the sign in thread.