PDA

View Full Version : 5A-2. Delays in CFC Disbursements to Provinces and Foundation

Lyle Craver
08-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Paul Leblanc has asked for a discussion on this subject

Paul Leblanc
08-09-2015, 12:26 PM
The BCCF receives membership dues from the CFC periodically, as do the other provinces.
There do not appear to be regular intervals (quarterly, semi-annually or whatever) for these funds to be remitted. This results in reminders and delays in reconciling provincial accounts receivable with CFC accounts payable. I would like to hear from the other provincial associations if they also find this to be a problem. I would also like to propose that the CFC establish a policy to remit provincial membership dues to the provincial associations at least semi-annually (30 April and 30 October).

Vladimir Drkulec
08-09-2015, 12:51 PM
The BCCF receives membership dues from the CFC periodically, as do the other provinces.
There do not appear to be regular intervals (quarterly, semi-annually or whatever) for these funds to be remitted. This results in reminders and delays in reconciling provincial accounts receivable with CFC accounts payable. I would like to hear from the other provincial associations if they also find this to be a problem. I would also like to propose that the CFC establish a policy to remit provincial membership dues to the provincial associations at least semi-annually (30 April and 30 October).

This seems reasonable to me though perhaps we could make the dates some time after the year end and quarter end.

Lyle Craver
08-09-2015, 01:45 PM
When I was CFC Treasurer (and when I was BCCF Treasurer) the period was quarterly and was generally fairly regular.

I don't think the exact period is critical as long as it's reliable.

Paul Leblanc
08-09-2015, 04:59 PM
I would be happy with payment within 30 days of the dates I mentioned. The 30 April date is particularly important. being the end of the fiscal year.

Lyle Craver
08-09-2015, 06:11 PM
When I was provincial treasurer my financials ALWAYS had an 'accounts receivable' showing the April payment which I usually had in had (usually already in the bank) by our provincial AGM which was the May long weekend. Since however the financials were as of 04/30 though it had to be shown as a receivable.

I offer this not to knock the present system but rather show what used to be taken for granted.