PDA

View Full Version : 5. Executive Reports

Lyle Craver
05-02-2015, 12:27 AM
Executive members (other than the President) please post your reports here

Hal Bond
05-05-2015, 01:05 PM
I will post my report on Thursday. I am currently attending the FIDE Development Commission meeting and the internet is very poor. If my luck changes I will report sooner. Thank you for your patience.

Hal Bond
05-05-2015, 01:51 PM
I am in Christ Church Barbados at the conclusion of the FIDE Development Commission Meeting. Continental President Jorge Vega was on had to report on the Presidential Board Meeting which recently concluded in China.

The 2015 FIDE Budget was approved in China, and forecasts a deficit of almost 400,000 Euros on revenues of 1,870,000. Odd numbered years are typically leaner for FIDE due to the Olympiad and World Championship cycle but this news was very surprising. I do not recall a forecast deficit of this magnitude in my tenure as Delegate. The President has provided financial assistance in the past for various projects in need but this is not expected to happen in the current year.

The bid deadline for the 2017 World Cadet passed before the FQE was able to secure their bid. The event will be held in Brasilia. I am in discussion with FQE President Bernard Labadie about other possible events which will take advantage of the networking that has been achieved in pursuit of something special for Montreal in 2017.

The next FIDE Congress will take place in Abu Dhabi in early September. Please feeel free to contact me if you have any proposals to be considered at this meeting. I will be attending along with Aris Marghetis. One regulation change which I plan to attack is the virtual elimination of titles to be earned at Zonal Championships. The previous threshold was 67% for a single IM title and 50% for 2 FMS. Current regs require a first place finish to get the IM title and 65% for the FM.

Respectfully submitted
Hal Bond
May 5, 2015

Frank Lee
05-06-2015, 06:29 PM
We are now coming up to the busy season for youth chess with many YCC qualifying tournaments being played across the country. The list of qualified players is posted on the CFC website. This year’s CYCC will be held in Windsor, Ontario from July 6th to the 9th, 2015. Winners will be invited to participate in the World Youth Chess Championship (WYCC) to be held in Porto Carras, Greece from Oct 24th to Nov 5th, 2015.

This will be the last WYCC where all age groups will be competing at the same time and the same venue. In 2016 the WYCC will be divided into two events: World Cadets U8, U10, U12 Championships to be held in Batumi, Georgia from Oct 18th to Oct 30, 2016 and World Youth U14, U16, U18 Championships to be held in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia from Sept 1st to Sept 15th, 2016

So far we have 10 players registered for the North American Youth Chess Festival in Del Rey Inn Hotel, Estado de Mexico, Mexico from May 27 to the 31st, 2015. We still have a couple of players thinking about participating.

Guipi Bopala, Prince Eric Jr. U8 Open official player
England, Max U10 Open official player
Rodrigue-Lemieux, Shawn U12 Open official player
Forsyth, E. Dane U16 Open official player
Qiao, Joey U10 Girls official player
Qiao, Cindy U12 Girls official player
Ouellet, Maili-Jade U14 Girls official player
Kaneshalingam, Mathanhe U14 Girls additional player
Peng, Janet U16 Girls official player
Zhou, Qiyu U18 Girls official player

Please wish all these young chess players a good tournament. Hopefully they will bring home lots of hardware and title or two.
I have started to receive inquiries from players interested in participating in Pan-American Youth Festival & Blitz in Bogota, Colombia from June 27 to July 4, 2015. Unfortunately this will be tight schedule if anyone is planning to play in both the Pan-Am and the CYCC. If you know of any players who are interested in playing in this tournament please have them contact me.

Michael Barron
05-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Thank you, Frank, for your report!

Do you have any information of Youth Olympiad ?

On FIDE website we can see:
http://www.fide.com/calendar/fide-calendar.html

World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2015 Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 19-Aug-2015 29-Aug-2015

Is Canada planning to participate?

Vladimir Drkulec
05-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Aside from that entry in the fide-calendar there is no information on the event available anywhere that we have discovered. There are quite a few interested Canadian kids/parents but without information from the organizers there is not much that can be done but take down the names of those who are interested.

Sasha Starr
05-09-2015, 08:11 PM
"The 2015 FIDE Budget was approved in China..." Are CFC's VM's entitled to have an access to this document?

Lyle Craver
05-10-2015, 04:59 PM
I saw that item as well and after a bit of digging found it at

https://www.fide.com/images/stories/NEWS_2015/FIDE_News/Proposed_2015_budget__.pdf

I agree it was not easy to locate on the FIDE website. The main article said that this was the budget approved.

Sasha Starr
05-10-2015, 05:25 PM
I've tried to open this link for several times now - its unavailable, what else should I try?

Sasha Starr
05-10-2015, 05:29 PM
"The server at https can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed." This is what I'm getting...

Lyle Craver
05-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Try clicking the link at the bottom of this page: https://www.fide.com/component/content/article/1-fide-news/8499-final-2015-budget.html

Sasha Starr
05-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Thank you, I've opened this link:

FIDE publishes the final 2015 Budget.

Download the final 2015 Budget (pdf).

However the name of the 2 pages document is Proposed Budget 2015. Is this a Final or Proposed Budget?

Vladimir Drkulec
05-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Oddly enough it worked for me (at least the first day posted) but try the link now which I updated from the one provided by Kerry Liles on the CFC news forum.

https://www.fide.com/images/stories/...5_budget__.pdf (https://www.fide.com/images/stories/NEWS_2015/FIDE_News/Proposed_2015_budget__.pdf)