PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Open Registration Form

Tony Ficzere
04-05-2009, 12:16 AM
If you prefer the snail mail method of registration, please download and complete this form.

Jason Lohner
04-06-2009, 01:56 AM
$120 !?!?!?! ouch, I was considering it but that is way out of my budget right now... I guess that is a standard fee for the open though

Tony Ficzere
04-06-2009, 02:34 AM
$120 !?!?!?! ouch, I was considering it but that is way out of my budget right now... I guess that is a standard fee for the open though

Hi Jason,

When you consider its a 9 round event, with some of the best players in the world competing, its a bargain. Yes, its a lot of cash, but the event will be well worth the price.

Christopher Mallon
04-06-2009, 05:54 AM
When you consider how much the hotels will cost for that amount of time, the entry fee is hardly noticeable ;)

I would think $120 is low, actually hehe.

Alex Ferreira
04-06-2009, 08:49 AM

:eek:

Chess and traveling gets expensive at times, but hey...
9 rounds * 4 hours each average = 36 + chance to see PROs playing + extra activities (lectures, blitz, simuls) + best chess atmosphere of the year in Canada. You'll be paying about $1 per hour for all the good stuff. Then there's the extra grand for traveling expenses ;) 1 week in Cuba all inclusive or 1 week in Edmonton for chess paradise? Easy choice.

Alex F.

Jason Lohner
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
When you consider how much the hotels will cost for that amount of time, the entry fee is hardly noticeable ;)

I would think $120 is low, actually hehe.

Thats why I don't go into any tournament where I don't have a free place to stay :) I have relatives in Camrose, which is maybe 45min out of Edmonton.