PDA

View Full Version : One Month to " B-Day " ?

Bob Armstrong
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
It is now 1 month to a possible " B-Day " or Budget-Day : May 1 - start of the CFC's new fiscal 2009-10 year.

Bob G has indicated previously that CFC was working towards getting a balanced budget for 2009-10. This would be great after 4 ( I believe ) consecutive years of significant deficits, with this year being the 5th. We encourage the CFC beancounters to keep crunching those numbers towards this goal.

Two questions:

1. Will the CFC be able to bring down its 2009-10 budget before the start of the new fiscal year, so there will be a guide to spending, right from the very start of the new year?

2. Does a balanced budget still look feasible at this point ( I'm sure it is still not easy to do )?

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Armstrong
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks to CFC Presdent, David Lavin, for answering these 2 questions in the GL # 5, where he said:

" With one month left in the fiscal year we are very close to where we need to be. I confess, I thought it would be a little easier and a little faster. I am still very confident that we will have a balanced budget for fiscal 2010.

Ideally, I would like to do something which I don't believe has been done in a long time, provide a balanced budget for the governors to review in the next GL. "

Good luck on your goals. The Grassroots' Campaign looks forward to GL # 6 !

Bob