PDA

View Full Version : OCA AGM May 23 2009

Michael von Keitz
03-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Ontario Chess Association 2009 Annual General Meeting
Will be held at Kitchener City Hall in Kitchener, ON
On Saturday May 23, 2009, starting at 10:00 am.
Agenda, Reports and Motions will be distributed in advance.
Feel free to observe some OYCC games while you are here!

Bob Gillanders
03-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks Michael for getting advance notice out about OCA AGM.

What about the SWOCL AGM which should precede it ?

I would like to attend both meetings, not in any official capacity, but simply as an interested member. If you wish, I would be happy to answer any questions members may have regarding our progress at the CFC.

Bob Armstrong
03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Just a note that the GTCL AGM is on Saturday, May 2.

Bob

Bob Gillanders
03-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Just a note that the GTCL AGM is on Saturday, May 2.

Bob

will you be throwing your hat in the ring, Governor Armstrong ? :)

I hope we can get some representation from the EOCA at the OCA AGM this year. I know it's a long way to come (believe me, I know), but I would be happy to point out all the Tim Horton's along the 401. :)

Bob Armstrong
03-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi Bob;

Yes.

Bob

Bob Gillanders
03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
That's great news Bob. :)

I look forward to the positive and constructive energy you will bring to the CFC. Excellent.

Bob Armstrong
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi Bob:

Thx.

Bob

Christopher Mallon
05-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Details on the AGM as well as some reports are now posted at www.chessontario.com

Eric Van Dusen
05-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Bob et al,

I will be running for VP of the OCA, but if that does not work out I will stand for any other position except for Treasurer.

Eric Van Dusen

Christopher Mallon
05-23-2009, 05:54 PM
I should have the full minutes of the meeting early next week, but here's the quick run-down.

- Elections
President: Mallon
V-P: von Keitz
Treasurer: Campbell
Secretary: Van Dusen
Youth: McDonald

- Equipment Rental policy to be developed by the Exec and presented to OCA Governors within a month.

- Investigation Committee to issue final report by July 10th

- Budget for 2009-2010 approved, including creation of 3 new official events and the Ontario Grand Prix. Exec to issue a plan for Grand Prix within a month.

- 2010 Ontario Open: Defaults to Toronto. 2 people have expressed interest, and there was interest from Ottawa if Toronto doesn't hold it. Toronto given until August 1st to present a bid before it is opened up to anyone.

- Noted that this year's OYCC once again broke a record - 160 participants. Quite a discussion about the proposed new YCC program.

Egidijus Zeromskis
07-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I should have the full minutes of the meeting early next week

Chris, may you post or distribute by email minutes and the list of CFC incoming Governors from the OCA. (Yesterday, I thought to fill a proxy but doubted should I do that :confused: