PDA

View Full Version : 5c. Secretary's report

Lyle Craver
03-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Governors, I have posted an updated voting register which reflects all votes this year up to the end of the January meeting. I have also checked the membership status of all Governors who the previous edition of the list showed as expiring on or before 1 April 2013. Please remember that keeping your CFC membership up to date is a requirement of being a Governor. If your membership expires in the next 3 months it will be highlighted in yellow, in red if your membership has expired.

The following Governors will be ineligible to vote in the coming meeting as their memberships have expired:
Clark (ON), Jensen (BC), Lacau-Rodean (ON), Nunes (ON)

Attached file: (please click to open)

Egidijus Zeromskis
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Please remember that keeping your CFC membership up to date is a requirement of being a Governor.

The following Governors will be ineligible to vote in the coming meeting as their memberships have expired:
Clark (ON), Jensen (BC), Lacau-Rodean (ON), Nunes (ON)

Following this logic, a motion can not be seconded by a governor whose membership lapsed (see c. CFC Women's Titles (Vlad Drculec / Julia Lacau-Rodean))

Vladimir Drkulec
04-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Iulia has indicated that she will renew her membership today so I think that we are okay on that one.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A.
04-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Following this logic, a motion can not be seconded by a governor whose membership lapsed (see c. CFC Women's Titles (Vlad Drculec / Julia Lacau-Rodean))

Good question Egidijus -- and the same question was asked of me to rule on by the CFC Secretary prior to this meeting.

I ruled this Motion (http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?3319-7c-Women-s-CFC-Titles-%28Moved-Seconded-Vlad-Drkulec-Julia-Lacau-Rodean%29) was "In Order" as I already knew that Iulia Lacau-Rodean would be renewing her membership online as per email communication.

Hope that clear this up -- now lets talk about the motion here please:
(http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?3319-7c-Women-s-CFC-Titles-%28Moved-Seconded-Vlad-Drkulec-Julia-Lacau-Rodean%29)

Iulia Lacau-Rodean
04-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Hello, sorry about that guys - CFC has sent me a receipt yesterday confirming payment for membership renewal. The site will take a second to update I believe.
All the best,
Iulia

Lyle Craver
04-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Am glad to hear it - by the way I've not been here much these last two days as my home machine is in the repair shop and I've been able to get net access ONLY at work - and it's been a hugely busy week here with the provincial tax change that took place Apr 1st. My machine was SUPPOSED to be ready today but wasn't so I borrowed a machine from the office for tonight. Ain't it grand!

Glad to see the meeting is going well so far...