PDA

View Full Version : 4d) Motion 2013-V Local Tournament Incentive... (Pacey/Denommee) - discussion only

Michael von Keitz
01-20-2013, 04:17 AM
propose to amend condition 1404 b), to now read:

b) the event must be advertised in Canadian Chess News (CCN) or on the CFC Discussion Board, or on the CFC Website;

and to delete the following after condition e):

"All tournaments supported under this program will be signified LTIP in the Coming Events section of the magazine."

and replace it with:

All tournaments supported under this program will be signified LTIP where they are advertised in accordance with condition b) above.

Bob Armstrong
01-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Unless I'm missing something, this seems a housekeeping motion, rather than changing something substantive. If I'm right on that, I will support this motion.

Bob A

Kevin Pacey
01-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Unless I'm missing something, this seems a housekeeping motion, rather than changing something substantive. If I'm right on that, I will support this motion.

Bob A

That's basically correct Bob. The only arguably substantive 'change' to the LTIP program is that requiring an LTIP grant applicant to pay the CFC to advertise an LTIP event in its (long defunct) print magazine was a former (now obsolete) condition for an LTIP grant that the present motion proposes to formally remove. This is arguably a substantive change besides a housekeeping change, since the present motion doesn't compel an LTIP applicant to advertise at a cost in the presently existing CCN newsletter, but the applicant can instead advertise their LTIP event on the CFC Discussion Board and/or the CFC website if they wish.