PDA

View Full Version : 3. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

Michael von Keitz
01-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Questions pertaining to procedure go here.

Bob Armstrong
01-25-2013, 11:10 PM
I just tried to post under the Transition agenda item. There was some type of box that moved too quickly for me to read, but I think it said something to the effect that the post had to be vetted or something - some delay in posting it for some reason. Can someone tell me what happened to my post ( it's not showing )??

Bob A

Bob Armstrong
01-25-2013, 11:53 PM
I now understand that all posts must be approved by a moderator before seeing the light of day. Is this being done because the meeting is open?? If so, we've had open meetings before without incident, as far as I'm aware. Wouldn't it be better to assume things will go well, as they have in prior meetings, and just allow govenors to post. They know the meeting is open, and will be on best behaviour.

Also, moderating and delaying posts interrupts the dialogue and back and forth of debate. Someone posts not knowing there is already a post being vetted that says the same thing. So then the two posts finally see the light of day, and behold, their duplicative. The second does not even repsond to the first, becasue the second poster had no idea there even was a first post. I believe it will downgrade the quality of the discussion. My 2 cents worth, assuming I do understand what is happening.

Bob A

Bob Armstrong
01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
What happened to the agenda item re the game viewer contract ( or whatever it is )? Should it not be on the agenda, with a note where the governors are to go to discuss it in camera?

Bob A

Bob Armstrong
01-26-2013, 01:35 AM
I think this moderating is not working. I posted 5 or 6 posts I think, hours ago, and none are yet posted.

If the public has come to this meeting, they will be appalled to see that governors are signed in and there is not one single post by a governor yet!

I think this idea has to be junked.

Bob A

Bob Gillanders
01-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Bob, I agree. I just got here, it is 10:20am, and we'll see when this post surfaces.
I see Michael has just sent an email to Lyle to fix it.

Okay, looks like it has been fixed!

Félix Dumont
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
I think this moderating is not working. I posted 5 or 6 posts I think, hours ago, and none are yet posted.

If the public has come to this meeting, they will be appalled to see that governors are signed in and there is not one single post by a governor yet!

I think this idea has to be junked.

Bob A
I agree. The moderating really kills the discussions.

Michael von Keitz
01-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Dear Governors - Hal here, on Michael's behalf. Michael is attending a classmate's funeral today and will only be moderating occasionally tonite. Hopefully Lyle can eliminate the need for it, as originally intended.

Edward Porper
01-26-2013, 08:03 PM
and it seems to be going on: I have just posted but my post is invisible as well.

Vladimir Drkulec
01-27-2013, 12:51 AM
I am being moderated as well. At the last meeting some of my moderated posts never saw the light of day. I hope that will not be the case here.

Lyle Craver
01-27-2013, 04:56 AM
I am not aware that there were any unpublished comments from the last meeting but the moderation problem SHOULD be fixed now for good. Once I hit send I'm going to review all threads and ensure there's nothing marked for moderation. I read 5 or 6 vBulletin forums besides this one and NONE of them use moderation so it's strange to see it set by default. As you know we had this problem last time and got it fixed and I am embarrassed it happened again.

Again - it's a default in the forum software that I overlooked in setting up the forum and absolutely not a change in policy by the CFC. LC

Vladimir Drkulec
01-27-2013, 10:46 PM
I did repost the gist of the same comments that disappeared into moderation limbo at the last meeting so the net result was only a minor annoyance until the moderation was removed.

Bob Armstrong
01-28-2013, 03:17 AM
What happened to the agenda item re the game viewer contract ( or whatever it is )? Should it not be on the agenda, with a note where the governors are to go to discuss it in camera?

Bob A

Can someone tell me what is happening with this issue, if it is not being dealt with now in camera by the Governors??

Bob A

Bob Gillanders
01-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Can someone tell me what is happening with this issue, if it is not being dealt with now in camera by the Governors??

Bob A

Bob, you do realize that by going to the agenda and clicking on "in camera" it will direct you to the regular governors board, right? It wasn't obvious to me, because I had assumed a new thread inside the "special meeting" would have been created, but that is not the case. It appears we were to continue discussions on the thread already created previously.

But there has been virtually no further discussion there.

Bob Armstrong
01-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi Bob:

I neither realized that:

1. The agenda item was a link:

2. That there was no new meeting thread, and that we were just to continue the existing governors' meeting thread.

Maybe I'm not the only governor? Might explain why the Governors' Discussion Board thread is virtually being ignored at the moment.

Bob A

Lyle Craver
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
I had not noticed that and will have to go there to check it out...

Bob Armstrong
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
The agenda for this meeting states:

Friday, January 25th (11am ET) - Monday, January 28th (9pm ET)

So this meeting is slated to close in ONE HOUR??

I know we started the meeting late due to technical difficulties it appears. But no one has advised what the new schedule is for the meeting, if it is being adjusted.

And when will the voting start, and how much time will be allowed for the voting?

And when will the meeting now close, if there is to be an extension?

Thanks.

Bob A

Michael von Keitz
01-28-2013, 10:02 PM
The agenda for this meeting states:

Friday, January 25th (11am ET) - Monday, January 28th (9pm ET)

So this meeting is slated to close in ONE HOUR??

I know we started the meeting late due to technical difficulties it appears. But no one has advised what the new schedule is for the meeting, if it is being adjusted.

And when will the voting start, and how much time will be allowed for the voting?

And when will the meeting now close, if there is to be an extension?

Thanks.

Bob A

No extension. As was discussed at the January Quarterly Meeting, Zeromskis/Mallon must be resolved prior to Feb 1.

Hugh Brodie
01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Where do I find the text for each of the motions? Shouldn't it be included in each of the polls? It makes it easier to know what you're voting on.

Michael von Keitz
01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Where do I find the text for each of the motions? Shouldn't it be included in each of the polls? It makes it easier to know what you're voting on.

I didn't see the need, but I have now done so.