PDA

View Full Version : 6b. Officer + Committee Reports - CFC Clubs Administrator

Michael von Keitz
12-31-2012, 10:00 PM
CFC Clubs Administrator's Report goes here.

Kevin Pacey
01-01-2013, 06:15 PM
After the passage of Motion 2013-C Affiliate Program Revamp (Pacey/Palsson) at the October 2012 online Governers meeting, I emailed Canadian chess clubs listed on the CFC's website. I imparted to them three pieces of information: first, news of the Affiliate Program Revamp; second, a link to 'Downloadable resources' on the CFC website, together with my noting that a free downloadable teaching manual was available there; third, a link to 'Chess Instructors' on the CFC website. I included the two links in the interest of spreading chess education in Canada, something recommended in the CFC Long-term Planning Committee's report at the 2012 online AGM.

I also private messaged or emailed 37 Canadian organizers (excluding CFC Governors) since the October online meeting, again imparting the same three pieces of information. I gave these pieces of information at one point on three Canadian chess message boards that I am aware of. I emailed Canadian chess instructors news of the Affiliate Program Revamp, and besides this, the CFC President included a description of the Affiliate Program Revamp in early November when he sent notice out to CFC members by email concerning the November issue of the CFC online Newsletter CCN.

I am currently awaiting any news of previously unlisted clubs (i.e. on the CFC website) that may have been discovered by the CFC Club Coordinator (John R. Brown), who is another non-CFC officer volunteer like myself (although John isn't a Governor like myself).

Clubs Administrator Kevin Pacey
Ottawa

Valer Eugen Demian
01-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Hi Kevin,

I have not received any of your messages. My "Golden Knights" chess club:
http://64funsolutions.ca/
is an active club in BC for many years.

Kind regards,
Eugen

Kevin Pacey
01-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi Eugen

I didn't send such an email to your club as you were listed as the club's contact, and as a Governor I thought you would have been aware of all of the information I would have otherwise sent to you (e.g. the Affiliate Program Revamp was passed at the October meeting, and the downloadable teaching manual was mentioned by Vlad Drkulec at the 2012 online AGM).

I'll now send to you, as your club's contact, the email message I refer to in my first post of this thread, so that you may look at it.

Regards, Kevin

Kevin Pacey
01-02-2013, 06:03 PM
I might mention for those CFC Executives updating the CFC website's information that Eugen's email address that is listed on the CFC website with him as the "Golden Knights" club contact is no longer valid (i.e. 'eugen@64funsolutions.ca' results in a bounced email); instead I found Eugen's current/valid email address by going to the "Golden Knights" website that he gave in his post above.

Bob Gillanders
01-02-2013, 08:14 PM
I might mention for those CFC Executives updating the CFC website's information that Eugen's email address that is listed on the CFC website with him as the "Golden Knights" club contact is no longer valid (i.e. 'eugen@64funsolutions.ca' results in a bounced email); instead I found Eugen's current/valid email address by going to the "Golden Knights" website that he gave in his post above.

Thank you Kevin. I have emailed the office to update his email address.
But for future reference, could I ask everyone to simply email the office with updated info at info@chess.ca
That is the most efficient avenue to get stuff updated. :)

Michael von Keitz
01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Thank you Kevin. I have emailed the office to update his email address.
But for future reference, could I ask everyone to simply email the office with updated info at info@chess.ca
That is the most efficient avenue to get stuff updated. :)

Much of the time, website updates are passed on to either Fred or myself. If you choose, you may also contact either one of us directly. I have now updated the Golden Knights Junior Chess Club e-mail address.

Valer Eugen Demian
01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you all for your help with the email address! I have forgotten to mention it since I have began an upgrade work project on the website. Sometimes little yet important details like this one slip through the cracks :)

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I am currently awaiting any news of previously unlisted clubs (i.e. on the CFC website) that may have been discovered by the CFC Club Coordinator (John R. Brown).

When you'll have a new clubs' list, work with a CCN editor to update Canadian Chess Links (pages 4 and 5)

Pierre Dénommée
01-04-2013, 12:48 PM
The Montreal Chess League has a list of clubs.

Kevin Pacey
01-04-2013, 05:11 PM
When you'll have a new clubs' list, work with a CCN editor to update Canadian Chess Links (pages 4 and 5)

As Clubs Administrator I have nothing directly to do with what goes into CCN. It is not part of the mandate the President agreed to give me (see the October 2012 online Governors meeting), as a non-CFC officer volunteer, though he and I might agree to expand it at some time.

The Canadian Chess links in CCN would be updated by me in a very indirect way [edit: presuming the CCN editor refers to the CFC website for some of his Canadian Chess links], in that I provide the President notice when I have discovered chess club contacts that no longer have valid email addresses (or that clubs/provincial associations no longer have valid websites), and he then eventually updates this information on the CFC website's webpage(s) of clubs (and/or presumably also the CFC website's webpage of provincial websites).

I don't know if the President plans to ever contact provincial associations to request that any update or revive their websites. In any case, finding more Canadian clubs to list on the CFC website's clubs page is the mandate of the non-CFC officer volunteer CFC Clubs Coordinator (non-Governor John R. Brown) [edit: the President would eventually add any new clubs to be listed to the CFC website's club page, (edit: and besides that he could just Forward any new club information to the CCN editor if he and/or the editor wished)].