PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Arbiters

Hal Bond
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Effective January 1, 2013, all FIDE rated tournaments must be conducted by FIDE licensed Arbiters. These can be IA, FA, or National Arbiters.

A license fee shall be valid for life as long as you remain active, and ranges from 100-300 Euros based on your level.

Pierre Dénommée
10-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I got that from the FIDE web site.

How is it going to work in Canada? Do I simply say that I want a licence and the invoice will come later? What are the specific details for us? When do we pay,

1. The Federation will send to FIDE Office ( office@fide.com) the list with all its Arbiters (IAs, FAs and national Arbiters) who will get the license.
2. FIDE will send to the Federation the invoice with the license fees to be paid according to the regulations (art.6.3).
3. The Federation will collect the fees and send them to FIDE.
4. FIDE will send to the Federation the cards for its licensed Arbiters and the Arbiters will be eligible to conduct any FIDE rated tournament.

Since the Federations need to have licensed Arbiters for their first events of 2013, it is advisable to send to FIDE the lists with their Arbiters to be licensed not later than 5 December 2012, so that the Arbiters will get their license on time and before the tournament they will conduct will start.

Christopher Mallon
10-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Wasn't a fee already paid when we first attained our titles? Why start taxing arbiters?

Hal Bond
10-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Actually the fee is 20Euros for National Arbiters.

We are still working on the logistics.

It is a double dip Chris. Consider yourself lucky that you aren't a FIDE trainer! Their licenses lapse every few years.

John Coleman
10-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I gather the FIDE Arbiter's license expires if the arbiter becomes inactive. What is the definition of inactivity? Daily events? Monthly events? Yearly events?

Pierre Dénommée
10-24-2012, 04:15 PM
You will need one suitable tournament per two years.

Pierre Dénommée
10-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Hal,

I will take my licence. You can contact me with the details.

Christopher Mallon
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Right, and I assume it's up to the individual arbiters to pay this, obviously the CFC can't afford this kind of hit...

Pierre Dénommée
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Canada has 25 FIDE titled Arbiters. The total cost would be 2 220 Euros to keep everybody active.

Right, and I assume it's up to the individual arbiters to pay this, obviously the CFC can't afford this kind of hit...

Wolfgang(Wilf) FERNER
10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Hal: I mentioned this new FIDE requirement to Martin Jaeger. He would like
to remain inactive. Thanks

Wilf Ferner