PDA

View Full Version : 7. 2013-Q Votes held in-between regular meetings (Mallon/Craft) - commentary only

Michael von Keitz
09-30-2012, 06:21 PM
That in the event a governor’s vote is needed outside the times of the regular online meetings and AGM, such a vote will take place on the governors’ private discussion forum following not fewer than 72 hours of exclusive discussion time on that forum. An email must be sent to all governors at the start of discussion giving them a direct link to the discussion, with the same happening as of the start of voting.

This text will become Paragraph 23 of Article One. (The numbering scheme is extremely confusing below 301 and we may want to look at this!)

The existing Paragraph 23 "Signing Officers" seems to conflict with By-Law Two Article 9, but until such confusion is resolved, the current Article One, Paragraph 23 will become part c) of By-Law Two Article 9.

I suggest that this motion is constitutional.

Bob Armstrong
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I will support this motion.

Bob A

Christopher Mallon
10-01-2012, 05:07 PM
The point here is mainly to clarify the procedure and make sure nobody can be surprised by timelines on such a vote.

Lyle Craver
10-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I strongly oppose the motion since a 72-hour window is insufficient if one takes into account the time required for e-mails to disseminate. 6-12 hours is common for this and most of us see our personal e-mails in our non-working hours and our work e-mails only at work.

To start the clock ticking when I (as Secretary) sends the mass e-mail is not fair - and if a motion is really THAT time critical it should be handled by the Executive alone.