PDA

View Full Version : 7. 2013-L Amend Handbook Table of Contents (Bond/Craver) - commentary only

Michael von Keitz
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Should 2013-I through 2013-K pass, that the Handbook's table of contents be reformatted by: removing Section 4; removing Section 5; removing Section 6; removing Section 13; removing Section 15; removing Section 17; removing Section 18; and renumbering the remaining sections in sequence.

Egidijus Zeromskis
10-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Maybe it is better to create a technical committee which would create a single uniform file of the Handbook deleting all obsolete and ceased paragraphs. (for a history the current version might be saved too)

Pierre Dénommée
10-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I totally agree .

Here is a revised Handbook proposal

Section I Legal documents

1.1 Act of Incorporation (Industry Canada has a copy, we must pay for each amendment)

1.2 Bylaws

1.2.1 Quasi Constitutional Bylaws (Requires a 2/3 majority to be modified, cannot be modified without a vote of the voting members)

1.2.2 Members controlled Bylaws (Requires a 50%+1 majority to be modified, cannot be modified without a vote of the voting members)

1.2.3 Ordinary Bylaws (May be modified without members permission but must be presented for approval at the next AGM or at a special meeting. )

The new act recognize the Board of Directors, the Executive (optional) and the members. By default, all Bylaws are ordinary Bylaws that can be changed at will by the Board of Director without any input from the members.

Section II Arbiter's Handbook

All the rules of the game, pairing rules, ratings

Section III Organizer's Handbook

1 Section common to all National Championships

The all the rules of the National Championship to follow.