PDA

View Full Version : The office is on the move!!

David Lavin
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Kudos go to the intrepid souls who worked in -30 temperature to get the CFC office moved. Stijn de Kerpel, Vincent Chow, Paul B and Paul Roschmann, Eric van Dusen, John Upper, and our fearless leader -- Bob Gillanders.

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Let's us know when and where it will arrive :p

Peter McKillop
01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Hopefully there were no difficult portages.

Bob Gillanders
01-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Hello all,

New phone number for CFC

905 756 4977

New mailing address:

Chess Federation of Canada
P.O. Box 4790
Station E
Ottawa, ON
K1S 5H9

All this will be on website soon.

Tony Ficzere
01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi Bob,

Hope things are going smooth for you guys. I feel for you with all that cold weather.

Will the CFC be getting a new toll free number?

Bob Gillanders
01-16-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks Tony, David and all, the cold really cut to the bone, I think my core temperature finally is back to normal.

Vince, Paul R. and myself were at the Mississauga club this evening making sure the junior club was running smoothly, but you never saw 3 more tired men in your life.

I will be following up with Ma Bell tomorrow. I maybe able to keep the same toll free number, just have it redirected to new VIOP number.

Bob Armstrong
01-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi Bob:

According to the " news " video on the new CFC website, CFC has moved to a home office arragement with you.

There has been no announcement I am aware of as to what happened to the CFC part-time position - I assume, given the new office arrangement, the part-time office administrator position has been eliminated now ( seems obvious, but one never knows ) ?

Bob

Bob Gillanders
01-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Bob:

According to the " news " video on the new CFC website, CFC has moved to a home office arragement with you.

There has been no announcement I am aware of as to what happened to the CFC part-time position - I assume, given the new office arrangement, the part-time office administrator position has been eliminated now ( seems obvious, but one never knows ) ?

Bob

We elected to make the necessary changes without a lot of fanfare. Vince, Paul and myself are now all each working part time from our homes in Burlington, Ottawa, and Mississauga respectively. We are now working thru all the logistical problems that this setup entails.

As you have guessed, we have eliminated the office administrator position as a natural consequence of the organizational restructuring. Bonnie has now left to pursue other opportunities.

It is important now that we thank and acknowledge Bonnie for her dedicated service to the CFC over the last year and a half. She began in May 2007 as part time and later became fulltime. It is important to acknowledge that she worked thru some very difficult times at the CFC.

Bonnie, thank you and best wishes.

Kerry Liles
01-20-2009, 05:53 PM
We elected to make the necessary changes without a lot of fanfare. Vince, Paul and myself are now all each working part time from our homes in Burlington, Ottawa, and Mississauga respectively. We are now working thru all the logistical problems that this setup entails.

As you have guessed, we have eliminated the office administrator position as a natural consequence of the organizational restructuring. Bonnie has now left to pursue other opportunities.

It is important now that we thank and acknowledge Bonnie for her dedicated service to the CFC over the last year and a half. She began in May 2007 as part time and later became fulltime. It is important to acknowledge that she worked thru some very difficult times at the CFC.

Bonnie, thank you and best wishes.

I echo that too! I dealt with Bonnie only a couple of times in recent memory and she was pleasant and efficient and very willing to help sort out whatever was the problem du jour...

Bob Armstrong
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I also dealt with Bonnie and she was pleasant, helpful and quite professional.

Bob

Garland Best
01-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Agreed, wholeheartedly. I wish her all the best of luck.