PDA

View Full Version : 6d. Long-term Planning Committee Chair's Report

Michael von Keitz
09-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Long-term Planning Committee Report here.

Vladimir Drkulec
10-02-2012, 10:02 PM
After submitting a long term plan at the last online annual governors meeting the long term planning committee has been somewhat dormant. We are planning to hold another face to face meeting, probably in the winter and in conjunction with either a Toronto, Guelph or Kitchener tournament.

I will probably start some threads on the CFC discussion board and Chesstalk to solicit input from members of the Canadian chess community and welcome any additional discussion of long term strategic planning for the CFC. I have been focused on Windsor junior chess lately and it seems that this is probably the best use of my chess organizing time for the moment. At some point I will prepare a long term plan for Windsor chess. We have a half dozen organizers, coaches and adults who are constantly trying to refine and coordinate our efforts and our results have been quite satisfactory. We are finding more children and parents interested in chess and suspect that our disproportionate representation at OYCC, CYCC and WYCC will continue at least into the near future. There are two or three other groups set to capitalize on the popularity that chess is enjoying locally by offering chess classes.

I think that if we could duplicate the things that are happening in Windsor across Canada we wouldn't have a declining membership for very much longer.

Vladimir Drkulec
Chairman, CFC Long term planning committee

Vladimir Drkulec
10-03-2012, 12:31 PM
My first attempt at posting a report disappeared into moderated limbo. Hopefully this will be posted.

The long term planning committee submitted a plan at the online AGM and has been somewhat dormant since the meeting. We will have another face to face meeting in conjunction with a Toronto or Kitchener/Guelph tournament in the early winter. I will probably clean up the plan a bit between now and then. The plan can be strengthened and incrementally revised and should be reviewed periodically.

I have been concentrating on local children's chess in the Windsor area and still feel that in order to grow chess in Canada, we will have to start doing the kind of things that are being done in Windsor as discussed in the plan submitted at the AGM. In addition, fundraising and sponsorship and how bad we are at managing it has been an issue in Windsor and probably should be looked at in future revisions for the CFC long term plan.

Vlad Drkulec
Chairman, Long Term Planning Committee