PDA

View Full Version : 4. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

Michael von Keitz
09-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Ask questions here.

Christopher Mallon
10-01-2012, 06:03 PM
7 hours after the start of the meeting, and we only have 2/11 reports (and not even a thread for a President's Report). It should be a requirement that all reports should be submitted prior to the start of the meeting.

Pierre Dénommée
10-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Chris,

please check the security of the forum. My report is waiting for a moderator to approve it.

Christopher Mallon
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Chris,

please check the security of the forum. My report is waiting for a moderator to approve it.

I think it's a leftover from the messy way the AGM was handled in the forums. Seems to be the 2012-2013 "new" governors having problems.

Vladimir Drkulec
10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
I think it's a leftover from the messy way the AGM was handled in the forums. Seems to be the 2012-2013 "new" governors having problems.

My postings are being moderated as well and I have been a governor since 2011.

Aris Marghetis
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I find many of the commentary threads start off with very brief text, necessitating the reader going to read, for example, the handbook section that is proposed to be modified.

In the past, we tended to have "before", "after", "rationale" sections, saving us all time.

Pierre Dénommée
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
I am not a new Governor, but I am a new Governor at Large. All my posts are still moderated and my access to private message is still offline.

Thank you for unblocking my posts.

Hugh Brodie
10-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I will be out of town for a couple of weeks as of Thursday afternoon, and may not have internet access during the voting period. Is there any "advance poll" or something similar, or do I lose my vote(s)?

Fred McKim
10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I will be out of town for a couple of weeks as of Thursday afternoon, and may not have internet access during the voting period. Is there any "advance poll" or something similar, or do I lose my vote(s)?

You can e-mail Lyle.

Egidijus Zeromskis
10-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Hard to say why exactly but the meeting goes very very silently (not much exchange of opinions). Maybe because it became public, maybe that items are too obvious, and many Governors will go directly to polls (or a turkey dinner)

Bob Armstrong
10-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I trust the voting will open at 9:00 PM EDT as scheduled. I have to go out of town early Friday AM and will be gone 'til late Monday night. So tonight is my only time to vote.

Bob A

Michael von Keitz
10-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I trust the voting will open at 9:00 PM EDT as scheduled. I have to go out of town early Friday AM and will be gone 'til late Monday night. So tonight is my only time to vote.

Bob A

Yes. Given the number of polls coming up this evening, I may start opening them slightly ahead of schedule.

Lyle Craver
10-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I've been frustrated by the various security provisions since at no point did I ever add moderation to the security requirements of the various meeting forums.

The "messy" stuff Chris refers to was the need to create separate security classes for the outgoing and incoming portions of the meeting. THEN after the meeting to go through the Governors' list a second time to consolidate the two lists. (i.e. anyone marked as "CFC Governor 2013" gets switched to "CFC Governor")

I thought I had completed this task within 3 or 4 days of the end of the Incoming Governors' Meeting so I apologize to anyone I might have missed. (I note en passant that there are a couple of Governors who do not currently have Forum accounts - they have been e-mailed on the procedures for getting one.)

Thanks to Chris for cleaning it all up.

Christopher Mallon
10-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Lyle, I sent an email just now detailing what I had to do to clean it up, so you can avoid this in the future.