PDA

View Full Version : Whither the CFC...Physically?

Bob Armstrong
12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
CFC President, David Lavin, in GL # 3 states:

" The CFC building has been sold for $142,000 with a closing date of January 15th. "

Has the CFC determined whether it can be run out of a " home office " by the current ED, Bob Gillanders ( with maybe an Ottawa post office box address, with mail forwarded to Bob's address )? If so, at what cost?

Or are they currently looking for office space? and if so , what city? Is this really preferable to a " Home Office " scenario? Do they intend to remain in Ottawa?

Many questions - I'm sure the Executive are expediting the answers to these questions, since they must be out in a little more than 2 weeks, and have an alternate space.

Hope the Governors are being consulted on this major decision.

Bob

Peter Stockhausen
12-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi Bob,

I do confess a certain cofusion regarding your latest post. I do quote below three (3) of your own previous posts, with dates, which answer most of your questions:

July 4
Motion # 6 – Moved – Michael Barron; Seconded – Barry Thorvardson: Item 6 set out below is acceptable.
“ 6. CFC Condominium Office: The current CFC office would be placed for sale. The office would then be run out of either a small rental space or a home office. “

August 29
…..It reflects some major positions of the Grassroots’ Campaign. Getting 5 out of 5 is not bad – the Governors are selling the retail business; they are selling the condominium office;..

November 7
There has been no information on this, though the Governors authorized the President to sell the building back in September in GL # 1.

So will it be a home office or a rental unit? I have no more info than you, but my guess is that it will be a home office, and the location is sort of irrelevant, maybe Winnipeg, very bilingual and in a central time zone.

Cheers
Peter

Bob Armstrong
12-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Peter:

My posts make clear that I was leaving the issue open in the past - small rental space or a home office.

But I do agree with you that I prefer the Home Office option as the most economical. And given the core functions of CFC that are left now, there seems to be no reason why this would not work for CFC.

Winnipeg seems a great choice ! Bob G. can commute to there now, rather than Ottawa ! Did you have a particular home there in mind?

Bob