PDA

View Full Version : 2012 naycc

Michael Barron
04-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Dear chess friends,

Today I received the following email from Abed Munoz (U.S. Head of Delegation):

I am the United States Head of Delegation for the 2012 North American Youth Chess Championship to be held in Mexico City May 31- June 4. In 2009, I was also HOD and I extended every courtesy to TEAM CANADA. Enclosed is the information concerning this event. I have direct access to the Mexican Chess Federation President in case you have any questions outside of the tournament event.

I know that it would be easy to simply state that no one wants to go, but if you provide this information to the members of your federation and allow them to make that decision for themselves, surely the young chess players as well as the parents will enjoy this unique experience.

The tournament will be held in beautiful FIESTA INN AMERICANA on Reforma Street right on embassy row.

As our northern neighbors, I am willing to assist your delegation. I am a perfect English/Spanish bilingual, and I also can communicate in some french.

Thank you
Abed Munoz
U.S. Head of Delegation
830-734-2894 (Mon-Fri 9 am - 4 pm and on weekends after 5 pm)

There is also attached invitation in .doc file, but I can't upload it because it's too big... :(
Please inform CFC Office and CFC Youth Coordinator Patrick McDonald if you're willing to participate and need additional information.

Michael Barron
04-28-2012, 11:15 PM
The more detailed 2012 North American Youth Chess Championship information could be found on the website of WCM Claudia Munoz:

http://chesscampeona.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3085