PDA

View Full Version : CFC News

Bob Armstrong
12-06-2008, 10:27 AM
The CFC " News " is a section of the CFC Website. With the cancellation of the print Chess Canada, it was hoped that this section of the website would take on more importance and be upgraded. It was hoped to be the place to find out what was happening in Canadian chess across the country. ( especially since the new on-line Chess Canada was not to be up and running 'til January 2009 - we hope ).

But the " news " is stale. The last posting is over a month ago ( November 4, 2008 ). Is there nothing happening in Canadian chess? Or is it that the CFC has not gotten reports from across Canada to post? If so, should the CFC have been doing more publicity to generate such reports?

Just a rant, since I do go regularly to the " News " section hoping to find something ( and haven't for the last month ).

Bob

Christopher Mallon
12-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't know why exactly it isn't being updated right now, but I would expect the new on-line magazine to take over those responsibilities.

Bob Gillanders
12-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Because I've been posting mainly to the new discussion board !

Bob Armstrong
12-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Hi Bob:

Do you think the " News " section of the CFC website should now be eliminated? It is not good to have it there, and have people expecting to see something.

You are posting " news " on this discussion board now. Also, the new on-line Chess Canada is supposed to be up and running in January 2009, so it should then have all the Canadian news.

Bob