PDA

View Full Version : 5a. Treasurer's Report

Fred McKim
01-01-2012, 01:11 AM
I've itemized several points below ... as in previous reports, most of my work this year has been on web site matters (dealing with the contractors and updating various portions of the site).

1. The six month financial report shows the CFC to be in the black by about $2,000. This bodes well for our balanced budget projection.

2. Sales are now starting to pick up on the Web Site. Membership sales seem to be selling well through the store.

3. The final web site payment was made to the Resolution group on Dec 23.

Please feel free to ask any questions

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
3. The final web site payment was made to the Resolution group on Dec 23.

Do we have any free technical support (aka a warranty) for some period of time?

Fred McKim
01-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Do we have any free technical support (aka a warranty) for some period of time?

They are providing us free web hosting until July 2014, so there will be a continuing relationship through this route. Any problems that occur in the existing software will be handled by them on what I'll call a "fair" basis.

Of course we are free to deal with anybody we like.

Christopher Field
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I hope that, with free webhosting until 2014, some effort will be made to design the French site so that it actually works.
It does not have the menu options which are available in the English site.
When I finally found the link to "crosstables" (my internatioinal small chess dictionary says the Frnch term is "tableau de resultats" - my computer can't put the accent on the e in resultats) I got the message that it was not available, and was sent back to the English site where I could find crosstables in the pull-down menu.

It seems to me that we need to work harder to give full access for French-speaking members. After all, Frnch and English are both official languages of this bilingual Kingdom of Canada.

Chris Field.

Pierre Dénommée
01-05-2012, 07:31 PM
I am working on it. I did the home page and I am working on the the rest. I must translate all the items in one menu before activating it. The first translated page after the home page is the one that explain the benefits of being a member.

Fred McKim
01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I hope that, with free webhosting until 2014, some effort will be made to design the French site so that it actually works.
It does not have the menu options which are available in the English site.
When I finally found the link to "crosstables" (my internatioinal small chess dictionary says the Frnch term is "tableau de resultats" - my computer can't put the accent on the e in resultats) I got the message that it was not available, and was sent back to the English site where I could find crosstables in the pull-down menu.

It seems to me that we need to work harder to give full access for French-speaking members. After all, Frnch and English are both official languages of this bilingual Kingdom of Canada.

Chris Field.

French content is our responsibility. We are plugging away at it. One area we could use would be News in French. It could be added immediately.

It appears the French top level menu has disappeared in the past few days. We`ll have to check with Pierre D who has been working on French content.

Christopher Field
01-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Thank you.
I am glad to know that work on this is ongoing.

I am proposing a motion for the April meeting that crosstables / tableaux de reultats be posted using the international symbols + for win, - for loss, = for draw, instead of the current English symbols W, L, D.
This will also help to make the tables more readily accessible to both the English and French websites, without relying on the default English symbols.

Chris Field.