PDA

View Full Version : 5c. Executive Reports - Past President

Bob Gillanders
10-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Since GL1 isn't out yet, I will reprint my report here and look forward to joining in the conversation once the meeting gets underway. My niece is getting married this afternoon, so I will be away for most of the day. See you all later.

Past President’s report

Now that my year as President is in the history books, it gives me pause to reflect on the experience. Most certainly frustration, anger, and despair played their part, but glancing back, I see three major achievements. The quarterly governors meetings are now the norm, strengthening our governance structure. Launching of the CYCC qualification system has been a shot in the arm for our youth program. The new website is now a reality after many years of neglect. There are numerous other smaller achievements, thus giving the CFC the strength now to grow the membership. To continue the analogy I begun several years ago, after the near death experience of the CFC in 2006/2007 and the subsequent restructuring (surgery), the CFC is now out of the hospital and out of rehab.

I want to thank the many people who contributed to our success, and in particular the executive team. Making the CFC work is a monumental task. It isn’t pretty and is often brutally criticized, but it works due to the dedication and sacrifice of its many supporters. The CFC presidency is often described as a thankless job. You would certainly get that impression from chesstalk and other blogs. But I must confess to receiving many private thank you’s. Believe me, I cherish each one. Thank you everyone for a year I will never forget.

My best wishes to our new President, Michael von Keitz. IMHO, he has shown excellent leadership to date and has my full support.

Sincerely,

Robert Gillanders

Lyle Craver
10-01-2011, 06:49 PM
GL#1 is now available through the Forum both in this sub-forum and in the Governors' area.

I don't have the ability to mass e-mail the GL (which I do thing needs done) so have asked (by e-mail) for help from the exec.

Bob Gillanders
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi Michael B. and Governors,

My apologies for the long delay, but I did get together with Gerry a couple of weeks ago to review the Youth program finances and I finally got down to working on the report in the last two days. I was hoping to report yesterday, but ran into some snags with the numbers last night. I do want to give everyone an update before everyone starting leaving the meeting. My progress to date is in the file attachment.

The attachment report is on the 2010 CYCC/WYCC finances. Michael B., these numbers should be familiar to you, please let me know if anything looks wrong. When I compare the amounts collected from parents and players to what was sent to organizers, I do get a small difference of 39 Euros. I don’t know why yet, so I am still investigating.

The next step will be to add transactions related to other junior tournaments and tie it all in with opening and closing surplus balances for the year. The objective is to explain and confirm all the numbers reported on the fiscal 2011 statements. To do that I will need to follow up with Gerry once again. I will report further ASAP.

Michael von Keitz
10-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Since GL1 isn't out yet, I will reprint my report here and look forward to joining in the conversation once the meeting gets underway. My niece is getting married this afternoon, so I will be away for most of the day. See you all later.

Past President’s report

Now that my year as President is in the history books, it gives me pause to reflect on the experience. Most certainly frustration, anger, and despair played their part, but glancing back, I see three major achievements. The quarterly governors meetings are now the norm, strengthening our governance structure. Launching of the CYCC qualification system has been a shot in the arm for our youth program. The new website is now a reality after many years of neglect. There are numerous other smaller achievements, thus giving the CFC the strength now to grow the membership. To continue the analogy I begun several years ago, after the near death experience of the CFC in 2006/2007 and the subsequent restructuring (surgery), the CFC is now out of the hospital and out of rehab.

I want to thank the many people who contributed to our success, and in particular the executive team. Making the CFC work is a monumental task. It isn’t pretty and is often brutally criticized, but it works due to the dedication and sacrifice of its many supporters. The CFC presidency is often described as a thankless job. You would certainly get that impression from chesstalk and other blogs. But I must confess to receiving many private thank you’s. Believe me, I cherish each one. Thank you everyone for a year I will never forget.

My best wishes to our new President, Michael von Keitz. IMHO, he has shown excellent leadership to date and has my full support.

Sincerely,

Robert Gillanders

Bob Gillanders presented his report, as quoted above. He subsequently submitted a report on the 2010 CYCC/WYCC finances, indicating that future work would be undertaken imminently.