PDA

View Full Version : 23. Suggested Items for Next Quarterly Meeting

Lyle Craver
09-30-2011, 04:35 AM
Governors, this is where you present your suggestions for topics for the January Online Meeting.

During the coming three months if you are presenting a motion on the Forum, PLEASE e-mail your text to me ASAP - burying a motion 3 or 4 pages deep in a heated discussion not otherwise labelled MAY get your motion into the next agenda but it is not a safe way to ensure it will so please avoid disappointment (and recriminations) by e-mailing me at secretary@chess.ca

Christopher Mallon
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I intend to bring a motion that will see the Governor participation in online meetings and voting records made public after each meeting and at the start of May a nice spreadsheet posted publicly so that everyone who is about to vote for new Governors for the next year can see just how much or little they did during the past year.

This is ridiculous. These meetings are not difficult to attend, and even though we've had 58% attendance, it's only been about 8 people doing the actual discussions as far as I've seen, and perhaps 14 have voted so far.

Lyle Craver
10-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Chris I agree a relatively small number of people have done most of the talking to the motions but I do not think it fair to say only a few voted. As will be seen from the thread on results of votes no motion got less than 26 votes cast.

Now as Secretary I will not be happy until we get 100% turnout but it's clear that nearly everybody who attended the meeting did in fact vote.

Christopher Mallon
10-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Even 26 is unacceptable in my opinion.

Vladimir Drkulec
10-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Even 26 is unacceptable in my opinion.

Making the results of votes public would be a great first step in identifying candidates for removal or replacement.

Vladimir Drkulec
10-08-2011, 11:53 AM
I intend to bring a motion that will see the Governor participation in online meetings and voting records made public after each meeting and at the start of May a nice spreadsheet posted publicly so that everyone who is about to vote for new Governors for the next year can see just how much or little they did during the past year.

This is ridiculous. These meetings are not difficult to attend, and even though we've had 58% attendance, it's only been about 8 people doing the actual discussions as far as I've seen, and perhaps 14 have voted so far.

I would be willing to second this motion.

Egidijus Zeromskis
10-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Making the results of votes public would be a great first step in identifying candidates for removal or replacement.

Votings were not secret and the results (who and how) were published in GLs.

Christopher Mallon
10-08-2011, 12:54 PM
That's true Egis... but I want there to be an official list, in a nice easy to read chart format, and I want it sent to the provinces along with the Governor allotments each May.

Michael von Keitz
10-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Chris Mallon indicated his intention to bring forward a motion that will see governor activity at meetings documented and publicly reported outside of the traditional GL structure in order to make the information prominent for electors.