PDA

View Full Version : 5a. Executive Reports - Secretary

Lyle Craver
09-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Executive reports by board members other than the President are to be made here - please label your reports 5a, 5b, 5c etc.

This has been a busy week for me as I have spent most of it on an overseas buying trip for my store only getting back Wednesday. GL#1 has been held back pending availability of the financials but will be out shortly.

My role as Secretary has been evolving as we move more and more from "Governors' Letter Classic" (which has been primarily e-mail driven for 10+ years now) to the present "Quarterly Online Governors' Meeting" format. Both have their place but perform very different roles.

Besides the GL / QOGM the Secretary's role is to be the board's parliamentarian - that is to say my advice is regularly sought by the President, the board and individual Governors on how best to craft a motion to achieve a desired end. I will often stand as seconder for motions that I feel deserve broader debate whether or not I support the idea to speed the process. I don't support them all but most are at least well thought out and worthy of serious consideration.

Michael von Keitz
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Executive reports by board members other than the President are to be made here - please label your reports 5a, 5b, 5c etc.

This has been a busy week for me as I have spent most of it on an overseas buying trip for my store only getting back Wednesday. GL#1 has been held back pending availability of the financials but will be out shortly.

My role as Secretary has been evolving as we move more and more from "Governors' Letter Classic" (which has been primarily e-mail driven for 10+ years now) to the present "Quarterly Online Governors' Meeting" format. Both have their place but perform very different roles.

Besides the GL / QOGM the Secretary's role is to be the board's parliamentarian - that is to say my advice is regularly sought by the President, the board and individual Governors on how best to craft a motion to achieve a desired end. I will often stand as seconder for motions that I feel deserve broader debate whether or not I support the idea to speed the process. I don't support them all but most are at least well thought out and worthy of serious consideration.

Lyle Craver made his report, as quoted above.