PDA

View Full Version : The CFC Regular Chess Post – May 2/11.

Bob Armstrong
05-02-2011, 12:33 AM
The CFC Regular Chess Post – May 2/11.

2 years ago, the President, David Lavin, outsourced the whole CFC business operation to a company, EKG, who supplied for CFC a part-time Executive Director, Gerry Litchfield. Not all governors agreed with this. The relationship according to the CFC President, Bob Gillanders, has at times been strained, but beneficial, and the governors have been quite satisfied with Gerry’s performance. The contract appears to have concluded about Friday, April 29, and both EKG and CFC have agreed it will not be renewed. The President indicated there was CFC interest in going back to an Executive Director employee, and that Gerry was interested. The CFC Treasurer, Fred McKim, has just indicated that further word on this issue is imminent.

Bob Armstrong, CFC Public Relations Coordinator
CFC Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10564098798#!/pages/Chess-Federation-of-Canada/163031117086480
CFC Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/ChessCanada

Wolfgang(Wilf) FERNER
05-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Bob A:

Until when are the CFC contact infos(address,phone, etc) still valid?

Wilf Ferner

Bob Armstrong
05-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi Wilf:

Not sure re the current validity of the CFC Office address/tel. - I hope that they are still valid until a formal announcement of change is made; maybe Fred McKim, CFC Treasurer, could answer this at the moment. Also, CFC governors' terms run to the end of the Outgoing Govenors' AGM meeting on Monday, July 11, so they can also be still contacted.

Bob

Kerry Liles
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Just a reply to bump this up... Is there any information about the "office" function? I haven't tried contacting the office, but is the Stratford information still workable in the interim?

Bob Armstrong
05-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi Kerry:

As you know, I am not on the executive - the only information I have is in my May 2 post above. Maybe Fred McKim, in Bob G's absence, could shed some light on this.

Bob