PDA

View Full Version : CFC online magazine

Erik Malmsten
10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
How do I contribute content to the new CFC online magazine?

On the CFC website I couldn't find an email address or any info about submitting tournament results, articles, photos, games, ads, etc.

Will there no longer be any restriction on length of article?

There's also not yet any scheduled deadline date and publication date.

Bob Armstrong
10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
The fans are getting restless !!

Bob

Ken Craft
10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I would think you should contact the Editor Presumptive, Lawrence Day.

Jonathan Berry
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
That's worrying. I would have thought that there would be Lawrence, a web master, and a point man. I thought that it would be like this: Day wins the draw [chess grin], it goes back to Malmsten at the point. He shoots; he scooooores.

Now what do we want? A deflection? A tip-in?

Tony Ficzere
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the online mag would be launching in January. Can anyone confirm this?

Lawrence Day
10-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The official webzine is due Jan. 1 however the "under construction" free experimental version may only be a few weeks away, perhaps less.

For now contributions
can be sent to lday(at)pathcom.com. Things should get jazzier.

We, and now that I am editor I get to refer to myself in the plural ;-), we want to fill in the "black hole" of what happened in Canadian chess during 2008.

Space we have a lot of -- one of the advantages of the web over paper is that there is more room for content. So article length should not be a problem.

Lawrence

Egidijus Zeromskis
10-23-2008, 08:23 PM
one of the advantages of the web over paper is that there is more room for content. So article length should not be a problem.

It would be great to have option for a neat and tidy printer version, i.e. good formating and no advertisements on paper :)