PDA

View Full Version : 14. Membership/Rating Fee Restructuring Committee – Status – Bob G

Lyle Craver
04-01-2011, 01:02 AM
This section is reserved for the President's committee report

Bob Gillanders
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
The status of the committee is that there isn't one. If anyone wants to chair this committee, then just step forward and volunteer.

The basic problem is that there is such a diverse opinion as how to structure our membership and rating fees systems. I really don't see any consensus being formed that would justify a committee.

There is one related motion for discussion (2011-L) on the agenda for a single annual membership rate. I don't support it.

Another idea proposed by Governor Brammall for a high rating fee and elimination of membership dues is interesting. As with all these various schemes however, it favours some and punishes others. Fairness really is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, the floor is open for discussion. I only ask that the arguments be intelligent, well thought out, and acknowledge the drawbacks.

Enjoy. :D

Michael von Keitz
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I am sure I have said this before, but I am in support of Governor Brammall's proposal, though not to the detriment of the federation's provincial affiliates.

Fred McKim
04-01-2011, 04:49 PM
I have said this before, but if the rating fees were for sake of argument, say doubled and if we want to continue to rate active chess, we would have to have a two tier rating fee structure, or three fees if we continue to subsidize youth events.

I expect some club events would no longer be rated, as well.