PDA

View Full Version : 4. Instructions/Questions/Comments on the On-line Meeting Procedures

Lyle Craver
04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
There is one major change to the rules for the April Governors' meeting - last meeting there were still unresolved issues concerning the ability of the vBulletin software to be used for CFC voting. These have now been resolved and votes in this meeting will be handled under items __ and __ starting on day __

Lyle Craver
04-01-2011, 11:47 AM
For those of you wondering why my name is listed as thread starter, it was my job to set up the agenda as the various message threads. Once the thread is started I would have liked to have deleted my message (as I don't really need to see my name here that much) but have been advised that deleting the #1 message of a thread is likely to delete the topic altogether ;)

Bob Armstrong
04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi Lyle:

What happened to Item # 2: " Governors' Sign in "? It has disappeared.

Bob

Lyle Craver
04-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Not sure what you mean by disappeared - it's visible here.

What is NOT visible is the vote and that is driving me bananas as it was a complete non-issue in January and so far as I know I have done with sign-in exactly what we did 3 months ago....

Bob Armstrong
04-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi Lyle:

Now the meeting Item # 2 is back on the page ( it was gone ), and the vote is showing. Looks like everything is back to normal - can governors now vote to sign in again?

Bob

Michael von Keitz
04-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Just to confirm Bob isn't crazy, the sign in thread was entirely absent earlier in the day.

Bob Armstrong
04-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Thx Michael - I know I'm waiting for new glasses.......but...........

Bob

Lyle Craver
04-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Totally absent?

I'm still digging through the admin control panel and am coming up blank - on the face of it we've done everything right BUT :confused:

Michael von Keitz
04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, who knows? At least the thread is present now! :)

Lyle Craver
04-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Michael you have no idea just how relieved I am on that score - I've been spending a lot more time "under the hood" this time than last time. If it seems I've spent less time participating in the issues of the meeting than in January you are correct even though taking into account the "under the hood" time I've actually spent way more time on the meeting than in January. ;)

One point I haven't mentioned that may be of interest to Governors is that this meeting I've set the default sequence to be the sequence of the agenda rather than the most recently replied to item. Any Governor who prefers the other format can go to the options at the top of the forum and change how the meeting threads appear on their screen.

Bob Armstrong
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I draw the President's and the Secretary's attention to my post in the thread on Motion 2011-K ( Clarifying Member Rights ). Myself , as mover, and Fred, as seconder, have asked Bob G to put a " question " to the Assembly. It must be dealt with before the start of voting. Thanks.

Bob

Christopher Mallon
04-09-2011, 05:51 PM
One point I haven't mentioned that may be of interest to Governors is that this meeting I've set the default sequence to be the sequence of the agenda rather than the most recently replied to item. Any Governor who prefers the other format can go to the options at the top of the forum and change how the meeting threads appear on their screen.

Actually it's in order of "Thread Start Time" which worked fine until the votes were created, they now appear at the bottom. "Thread Title" will work best for next time :)

Lyle Craver
04-12-2011, 06:09 PM
With 20/20 hindsight, all 'voting booth' threads should be 'stickys'.

Memo to self and/or successor!

Bob Armstrong
04-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi Lyle:

It's sort of a technical question, but is the meeting still ongoing?? Or has it now ended?

I understood that Bob G. had said that the meeting was not ended, because the executive were going to deal with the fact that there are now no rules for this year's Pan-Am YCC, and NAYCC ( both motions having been rejected ), and that when they had done that he was going to report back, which I understood meant to this meeting.

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Gillanders
04-12-2011, 11:56 PM
The meeting continues. Although discussion on most topics seem to have concluded, I see no harm in leaving the meeting open until I get to my concluding remarks.

Unfortunately, I will be extremely busy for the next 2 days. I am checking in on the meeting when I get a moment, and emails for urgent matters, but unable to respond to most until friday morning. I have friday off, so hopefully I can catch up then and we can finalize this meeting.

Discussion is continuing on the youth player selection issue on the youth discussion board and by email with the executive. I hope the solution will present itself by friday and we can wrap this all up. :)

Bob Armstrong
04-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi Lyle:

Just a friendly reminder that the vote results are to be posted as well on the members' CFC Chess Chat Forum:

(5) Vote Results: As soon after the close of voting on motions as possible, the Posting Secretary will post the results of all motions, giving the names of governors and their vote, and confirm whether the motion passed or failed (e.g. whether constitutional amendments achieved the 2/3 majority needed ), on the Governors’ Discussion Board and the members’ CFC Chess Forum.

Bob