PDA

View Full Version : The CFC Regular Chess Post - March 21/11

Bob Armstrong
03-21-2011, 09:25 PM
It was requested on CMA ChessTalk by some CFC members that we should make the daily/almost daily posts we were starting to make on Facebook and Twitter, also available on the CFC Website. So I am doing that - this News Forum is duplicated in the News section of the CFC Website. So I am going to start a " The CFC Regular Chess Post " here, starting now ( it may not be totally daily, since I for part of the week have no access to a computer where I live, and I will not be trying to get to one daily to post ! - so we'll have to live with " regularly " at the moment ). Let's try it on for size, and see how it works. So here are the CFC chess posts for today:

# 1

Today at 7:00 pm EDT, at Toronto’s Annex CC, 918 Bathurst St ( north of the Bathurst Subway station at Bloor/Danforth ), Canadian Open Organizer, and chess historian, David Cohen, will lecture on The Most Famous Game in Canadian Chess History

# 2
37e Championnat Ouvert de la Mauricie: Ouverte – Trois Rivieres, Quebec – March 18-20 - GM Anton Kovalyov ( plays for the Argentinian Federation ) won the $800 first prize in the Open section with 4.5/5. He drew newly- minted Can. GM Thomas Roussel-Roozmon in the last round. There was a 4-way tie for second ($175 each): GM Roussel-Roozmon, Canadian GM Sambuev ( the highest Canadian CFC-rated GM ), Can. IM Hebert ( currently Canadian Champion ), and expert Louis Robichaud.

CFC is always open to feedback, good or bad ( though we like the former a lot better ), so post here if you have any thoughts on the day's post.

Bob Armstrong, CFC Public Relations Coordinator