PDA

View Full Version : CFC Enters FACEBOOK Era !!

Bob Armstrong
03-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Today, CFC joined the proud world of social networking of Facebook!!

A private CFC member, Ugo Alexandre, of Montreal, had started a group page for CFC some years ago, but then did little with it. CFC had nothing to do with it. A few CFC'ers had found it, but then stopped visiting it when nothing was happening. He and CFC have now agreed to be co-administrators of the page ( he says he will have no time to do anything though, and is happy to hand the reins over to CFC ).

Its URL is :http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sfrm=1#!/group.php?gid=10564098798 ( I'm not sure if this will work - there are a few technical issues still to sort out - like I'm currently having to use my own persoanl page, and I'm not sure about privacy concerns - let me know if I should just delete this link )

So CFC is now going to revive the page, with daily posts about the CFC, facts, politics, opinion, chess events, etc.

Here is the first post we've made on our " wall ":

CFC is today reviving this page, and starting its daily posting of Canadian chess facts, information, opinion, etc.. We encourage all members to also post and share their thoughts with the rest of us patzers.

# 1

Today at 7:00 pm EDT, at Toronto’s Annex CC, 981 Bathurst St ( north of the Bathurst Subway station at Bloor/...Danforth ), Canadian Open Organizer, and chess historian, David Cohen, will lecture on The Most Famous Game in Canadian Chess History

# 2
37e Championnat Ouvert de la Mauricie: Ouverte – Trois Rivieres, Quebec – March 18-20 - GM Anton Kovalyov won the $800 first prize in the Open section with 4.5/5. He drew GM Thomas Roussel-Roozmon in the last round. There was a 4-way tie for second ($175 each): GM Roussel-Roozmon, GM Sambuev, IM Hebert, and expert Louis Robichaud.

So go check out our new page, and join facebook, and then join the group - that way you will get the daily news on your own " news feed " facebook page each day.

Wish us luck - CFC is working hard to communicate with members, and to implement one of our core objectives: chess promotion.

Bob, Public Relations Coordinator

Bob Armstrong
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Here is CFC's new Facebook Group Page URL: http://www.facebook.com/?tid=1903687789381&sk=messages#!/group.php?gid=10564098798

Go visit it, and then mark it as one of your favourites.

The privacy setting is " Open: all content ", and so it is accessible by both facebook members and non-members.

Bob, CFC PRC