PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Post-Secondary Chess Championships

Tyler Longo
10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Hello,

Please find attached details about the upcoming Canadian Post-Secondary Chess Championships, to be held the weekend of January 16-18.

The organizing committee is considering implementing a remote site participation option, for schools wishing to compete that cannot make the trip to Kingston for the weekend. Please inform me ASAP by email if you would be interested in this possibility.

The organizing committee would appreciate if this flyer was forwarded to the appropriate individuals.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Tyler Longo
Organizer, Canadian Post-Secondary Chess Championships 2009

Tyler Longo
11-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Hello again,

It has come to my attention that the tournament notice has neglected to mention the need for teams to bring sets and clocks (if available)

There will only be a handful of extras on hand, so please bring sets and clocks for your team to the tournament. I will remind all teams that register of this requirement.

Tyler Longo
Organizer, Canadian Post-Secondary Chess Championships

Denis Nadeau
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Tyler,

Mostly out of curiosity, how would you manage a distant university participation? Hearst University is attached to Laurentien University; I could see the interest.

Denis Nadeau

Tyler Longo
12-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Hi Denis,

We had originally planned to allow for remote site participation via online matches. However, after looking at the options, we decided implementing the idea would be too difficult without multiple arbiters and more preparation. Therefore we are no longer considering this option.

However, we hope that in the future someone considers an idea like this, and if so should feel free to contact the organizing committee for assistance.

Cheers,
Tyler