PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa Spring Open: $30 January discount

Aris Marghetis
01-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi chess friends, here finally is the official announcement for the Ottawa Spring Open. We actually already have a couple of dozen players registered, and the pre-registered list will start getting posted later this week. Anyway, the most important thing to note is that because this event had to be scheduled earlier in March than usual, due to site availability, or rather unavailability, note the $30 triple-early discount period is also earlier than usual. If you mail your registration payment by Monday, January 31st, you save $30. In February, you would still save, but only $20. Please note that if you pay and then change your mind, you would just have to tell me before I start the pairings onsite, and I would gladly defer your payment to one of my future tournaments.

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis, FIDE Arbiter
Organizer/TD, EOCA President
arismarghetis at rogers dot com
http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments_2010-11.html

Please note that we are looking for up to 5 floater players :
- floater players help the TD guarantee no “forced byes”
- floater players are paired and rated like all the players
- floater players play for free, but under some conditions :
----- they play in 0 to 5 rounds, depending on byes by all the players
----- they can be phoned/texted in the hour before every single round
----- they have a current CFC membership by the time of first pairings
If you are interested in being a floater player for this event, please apply by email

--------- ongoing registration list ---------

entries posted @ ChessTalk : http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

rating name (title last, first)

to be posted

Friday, March 4th: if established FIDE rating is higher, then that will be used

--------- original event announcement ---------

The Eastern Ontario Chess Association (EOCA) organizes the EOCA Grand Prix, a series of weekend tournaments over the 2010-2011 chess season.

The next EOCA event in Ottawa is the Ottawa Spring Open, March 4th-6th. It will consist of 5 rounds, with the top sections also FIDE-rated.

Predicted prize fund >$2200, with prizes every 200 rating points from U2200 to U1600.

For more details on this event, and a great webpage for all of the events in the 2010-2011 EOCA Grand Prix, please consider bookmarking this weblink :
http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments_2010-11.html

Michael von Keitz
02-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Aris, are you aware of any issues with your e-mail address or service provider? I am currently receiving permanent delivery failures when sending you e-mails.

Aris Marghetis
02-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Aris, are you aware of any issues with your e-mail address or service provider? I am currently receiving permanent delivery failures when sending you e-mails.
Hi Michael, interestingly, I also never received an email notification that you had replied to this thread. My email seems to be OK, but Stuart told me about your challenges in contacting me. Would you try again now, and see what happens? Are you guys coming? If yes, as I was telling Stuart by phone this morning, mailing in February saves $20 each.

Michael von Keitz
02-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Hello Aris,

I am definitely heading over with Stuart. Once I track down some envelopes, the cheque will be in the mail. In the meantime, I will give your e-mail address another try.