PDA

View Full Version : 15. Tournament Coordination Committee – Report

Lyle Craver
01-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Please post your report here

Gordon Ritchie
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
The original idea was to arrange for a group of organizers from across the country to get together on a private board to compare notes, encourage bids, help evaluate bids, support the winning organizers, and just generally try to facilitate a more businesslike process.
It did not get off to a resounding start. For some reason, it took roughly six months (I lost track) to set up a board by which time everyone had moved on to other things and the executive had already approved bids for the Open and CYCC.
None of us is looking for more work so there things stand unless there is a good reason to active the committee with decent support from the CFC.
Regards,
Gordon Ritchie

Lyle Craver
01-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Could this be done by encouraging organizers to post their events on the CFC website?

For my money, posting regular (and updated) tournament ads (presumably in a common format) is one of the most useful services we could perform for members.

Once implemented this would require little or no staff work - I strongly disagree we need to follow the USCF example of charging heavily for this service!