PDA

View Full Version : 11. CFC Handbook Updating Subcommittee Report

Lyle Craver
01-15-2011, 01:42 AM
please post your report here

Bob Armstrong
01-15-2011, 10:29 AM
This report is by member Kerry Liles, the one-person Subcommittee, on his current work done ( he volunteered for the position in 2009-10 ):

I have had Gerry update the following sections of the Handbook on the CFC website:

Section 2: Letters Patent, Bylaws, Regulations
Section 8: Canadian Championship
Section 9: Requirements and Guidelines for Important Events
Section 10: Invitational Youth Championships: Junior, Cadet

The changes I made bring those sections up to date with motions up to and including the latest CFC AGM (in the summer) and the last online Governors meeting (as best I can determine). In such cases, the modified sections contain appropriate attribution at the end of a modified section, such as: "[Motion 2010-xx]" so that readers can establish the relevant motion pertaining to the (new) wording.

There are a number of suggestions made by Fred McKim (and others) that have not been completed.
Most of these changes are considered minor clarifications or changes in wording for consistency or just general clarity.

Since the entire website is under re-construction, I would recommend that subsequent changes be deferred until the new website and procedures are established. The content management system that inevitably will be used for the new website will necessitate a change in way handbook updates are made (for the better).

Kerry Liles
January 2011

Egidijus Zeromskis
01-15-2011, 10:39 PM
I say thank you to Kerry Liles for his work.