PDA

View Full Version : Item 16D - Motion 2011-D - Membership/Rating Fee Restructuring Committee - for voting

Bob Armstrong
10-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Item 16D - Motion 2011-D - Membership/Rating Fee Restructuring Committee - for voting

Motion 2011-D - Membership/Rating Fee Restructuring Committee

Moved : Stuart Brammall; Seconded : Michael von Keitz

- that a committee be formed to investigate a possible restructuring in the direction of one CFC fee.

Bob Armstrong
10-05-2010, 09:11 AM
To accomodate the governors in the West, Bob G has now authorized an extension of the close of voting from 6:00 Pm EDT to 11:00 PM EDT, on Thursday, Oct. 7.

Bob

Bob Armstrong
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Just bumping this motion for vote up to the top of the xcreen, since Chris hasn't yet seen my request to make it a " sticky ".

Bob

Lyle Craver
10-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Bob there is some kind of bug here at work as I was unable to cast a vote - LC

Bob Armstrong
10-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi Lyle:

Since Midnight Tues., a couple of votes have been cast re each of the four motions. So I'm not sure when this glitch may have developed.

If anyone else votes or has trouble voting on this motion, would they please post here so we can see if it is back working now or not.

I will ask Chris to look into it.

Bob

Phil Haley
10-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Before one votes on a motion the individual votes on the motion to date are displayed but after one votes there appears to be no way to see who has voted on the motion...please clarify...thanks....Phil Haley

Bob Armstrong
10-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Phil:

At any time when bringing up a voting thread, you can see the names of the voters by clicking on one of the vote total numbers. This changes the screen from an anonymous total to named total.

Let me know if you still have a problem.

Bob

Bob Armstrong
10-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Since my last post, someone has voted on this motion, so it seems the voting threads are working.

Lyle: could you please try voting again to see if it allows you to do so, and post here if you are successful or not?

Bob

Lyle Craver
10-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm listed as having voted for this one but am not sure that I did.

Does not this software have a change of vote option? I've used vBulletin on other sites and am pretty sure that it does. I've gone into 'edit poll' and see the number for number of days to keep open is 0 - would that be it? I do know that I was unable to vote last night. Glad to see you figured out how to use stickies.

Bob Armstrong
10-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Lyle:

I'm afraid I haven't yet got " Stickies ". It worked for me in April. But not now - Maybe I'm doing something wrong unknowingly. Chris had to make the voting threads stickies for me.

Bob

Christopher Mallon
10-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm listed as having voted for this one but am not sure that I did.

Does not this software have a change of vote option? I've used vBulletin on other sites and am pretty sure that it does. I've gone into 'edit poll' and see the number for number of days to keep open is 0 - would that be it? I do know that I was unable to vote last night. Glad to see you figured out how to use stickies.

That might be an option with the newer versions, I'm not sure. I'll try it out on another site later tonight.

Lyle Craver
10-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I would like to change my vote on this motion - how do i do it?

Lyle Craver
10-09-2010, 11:32 PM
My apologies for not posting the message earlier but polling on 2011-D is now closed and has passed 25-7.

Lyle Craver
10-10-2010, 12:56 AM
A belated message - voting is closed on this motion and passed 24-8.

Special note: I indicated to Chris several days ago I wanted to change my vote from yes to no in 2 separate messages.

He indicated this will be able to be done with the new software but apparently not with the current version.

Governors have ALWAYS been permitted to change their votes before the poll closing date so irregardless of what the software says, I have recorded my vote as a no. We are driven by the Handbook, not vBulletin.

I look forward to seeing this bug along with the 'no secret ballot' bug fixed in the new version of the software which I hope we will have in place by the next meeting.

Christopher Mallon
10-10-2010, 01:04 AM
What's the "no secret ballot" bug exactly?