PDA

View Full Version : Item 11A - Motion 2011-C - Upgrade to CFC Discussion Forums - for Discussion

Bob Armstrong
10-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Motion 2011-C - Upgrade to CFC Discussion Forums- for discussion

Moved: Chris Mallon; Seconded : Egis Zeromskis

That the CFC upgrade its forum software at a cost of $50 USD.

Background: The CFC forum software is quite old and requires a lot of effort to keep spam-free, which new software does by itself. Also, new software will allow for new features such as FEN diagrams built in and possibly a PGN games viewer (not yet confirmed).

Bob A : This thread is for discussion only. A separate voting thread will be posted tonight at 9:00 PM EDT, when all motions for vote will be posted.

I note that Fred McKim has offered the opinion under the main thread that the Chair, Bob G, might rule this motion out of order:

Fred M: " The point is why not wait and see. If a seamless forum / discussion board is available with the web site, that might be the route we want to go.

I would think Bob, might rule this motion out of order, for the time being. "

I will go ahead with the motion for voting unless I hear otherwise from Bob G.

Bob

Bob Armstrong
10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Oct. 4, 2010, 09:30 AM - under main thread

Garland Best - CFC Governor

Uh, guys, do we really need a motion to spend a measly $50?

To me this falls within the mandate of the executive and the office administration to govern day-to-day operations. Issuing motions is overkill.

Bob A - I suppose this issue here is that if the mover/seconder simply referred their request to the executive, it could be turned down by the executive using their administrative discretion.

However, if the governors pass an expenditure motion, then the executive must implement it.

Bob

Stuart Brammall
10-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree with Garland.

Michael von Keitz
10-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I also agree with Garland.

Ken Craft
10-04-2010, 10:14 AM
I magree with Garland, Stuart and Michael.

Egidijus Zeromskis
10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
:)
Was there any decision explaining?

8. MATTERS RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY TO THE ASSEMBLY OF GOVERNORS
Final decisions in the following matters are reserved exclusively to the Assembly.
"the spending, transferring or otherwise disposing of a significant portion of the Federation’s assets"

I think the motion is still within Governors duties :)

Bob Gillanders
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Thank you Garland and group.

Let us not have a bunch of frivolous motions dealing with $50! :mad:

And no going ahead with motions "unless you hear otherwise from me"! We are getting into dangerous territory if we start adding motions today and start voting on them right away. This would be anarchy run amok. :(

The governors need time to consider any new motions. Debate. I will be working through the threads today, but from recent comments, I am nervous about what I might find.:eek:

My initial reaction is that any new motions should to get executive approval before they go to the governors for a vote. This is not undemocratic, simply being prudent. :)

Ken Craft
10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I presume you mean the executive believe it would be prudent for the Governors to vote on the motion at this time not that the executive support the "yes" side of the motion.