PDA

View Full Version : Item # 2 – President’s Welcome/Report

Bob Armstrong
10-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Item # 2 – President’s Welcome/Report

Shortly after the opening of the meeting at 11:00 AM EDT on Friday, Oct. 1, President Bob Gillanders will post his welcome to all governors attending the meeting and give his report on the status of the CFC.

Bob Gillanders
10-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I want to thank all governors for participating in this online meeting. These quarterly meetings represent a huge step forward in modernizing the CFC. We finally have a vehicle that will allow us to communicate effectively and deal with our problems in a timely fashion.

The CFC takes a lot of criticism for poor governance, but we have come a long way since our near death experience of 2006. I want to thank everyone for their sacrifices along the way. But we still have a long road to travel.....

Thank you for contributing. :)

Gordon Ritchie
10-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Bob
We are waiting with bated (baited?) breath for your report on the status of our glorious federation.:)

Bob Gillanders
10-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I guess I don't get off the hook so easy! :o

I admit I was a little rushed this morning, I wanted to get to a group exercise class this morning. It turned out to be a class of 1. Just me and the instructor.:eek: No dogging it, am I ever sore!

I received the september financial report from Gerry this morning. It's only Oct 1st, so very well done! A surplus of $ 785 for September. Hmm.... not enough to buy every CFC member a medium double double, but better than a kick to the groin.:eek:

The membership report for Oct 1st shows 1,891 current members.
Adults 971
Life 370
Honourary 67
Family 27
Junior 271
Junior Participating 185

This is a modest increase from 1,883 members at May 1st, 2010. Our target remains 2,000 by May 1st, 2011.

Gordon, I am very encouraged at the level of activity I see so far on this first day of the governors meeting.
We have a lot of challenges ahead of us, but if Mark can defeat Topolov, we have no excuse for failure.

You can expect a more detailed report with my closing remarks next week.

Valer Eugen Demian
10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Thank you Bob!

Egidijus Zeromskis
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
This is a modest increase from 1,883 members at May 1st, 2010

Is there any way to get information about the new members? (smth XX members joined :rolleyes: