PDA

View Full Version : Item # 19 - CFC Membership Drive - CFC/Club Joint Advertising Poster Campaign

Bob Armstrong
10-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Item # 19 - CFC Membership Drive - CFC/Club Joint Advertising Poster Campaign

Bob G will be posting on this issue shortly after the opening of the meeting.

Bob Armstrong
10-01-2010, 07:35 AM
deleted - posted here in error

Bob Gillanders
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I started off talking about a poster campaign, but my thoughts now have migrated towards a pamphlet program.

Look: A simple foldout pamphlet, similar to the Passport to Chess. A few pictures of people enjoying a game of chess.

Content: 50%/50%

50% is devoted to CFC. Logos, information, mandate, a picture of the Olympic team, a plug for the CFC store.

50% is devoted to the local chess club. Club information, meeting times, membership rates, website address, pictures, etc.

Cost: The cost is split evenly between the CFC and the clubs. I will visit some print shops and report back on costs later.

Logistics: CFC creates an electronic template with CFC portion content. Local chess club either sends their content to CFC, or takes the template and completes the process.

Distribution: Local club is responsible to get the pamphlets distributed in their community, libraries, communities centres, schools, etc.

This is a low cost method to bring in new members from the general public. Let's capture those recreational players who can be enticed to join a chess club with just a little coaxing.

Please post here any clubs that would be interested in joining this program.:)

Patrick McDonald
10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
This is a GREAT initiative!!! I would recommend a Poster + Pamphlet program where they tie in together (same graphics etc.).
Pamphlets/brochures and Posters work well together.

Also, I am wondering ... if a local club has access to much better pricing for printing, could they opt for partial support for this printing from the CFC? (with the goal of saving both organizations money ... or getting more for the same money)

I LOVE this idea!!!:D

Fred McKim
10-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I thought we would like to feature the new web site and some photo-reduced pages from CCN on the CFC portion.

I don't think a club would need as much as 50% content (or cost), but we'll see what others think.

Michael von Keitz
10-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Who specifically would be designing the pamphlet? Will this be a task added to Gerry's list, will a member of the executive take it on, or will it be delegated to a governor and/or general member? Will there be some mechanism in place to ensure a quality product? This is an excellent initiative, but I think someone needs to be singled out as being responsible for its ultimate success.

Bob Gillanders
10-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I have a volunteer in mind for the initial design phase.
But not confirmed yet!

Afterwards, maybe it become a task for the office. :confused:

Christopher Field
10-01-2010, 02:25 PM
This is a great idea.
CFC provides appr. 50% content; Club completes.

I would think that the printing and distribution would need to be done locally.

Would the CFC reimburse for part of the printing cost?
This may be worthwhile, since it should generate new memberships.

( Must finalise decision on membership / tournament membership fees first! )

A poster to go with the pamphlet would be good.
Same set-up: 50% CFC, 50% club information

The design and content should be done by a governor / a committee of governors.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A.
10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I started off talking about a poster campaign, but my thoughts now have migrated towards a pamphlet program.

Look: A simple foldout pamphlet, similar to the Passport to Chess. A few pictures of people enjoying a game of chess.

Content: 50%/50%

50% is devoted to CFC. Logos, information, mandate, a picture of the Olympic team, a plug for the CFC store.

50% is devoted to the local chess club. Club information, meeting times, membership rates, website address, pictures, etc.

Cost: The cost is split evenly between the CFC and the clubs. I will visit some print shops and report back on costs later.

Logistics: CFC creates an electronic template with CFC portion content. Local chess club either sends their content to CFC, or takes the template and completes the process.

Distribution: Local club is responsible to get the pamphlets distributed in their community, libraries, communities centres, schools, etc.

This is a low cost method to bring in new members from the general public. Let's capture those recreational players who can be enticed to join a chess club with just a little coaxing.

Please post here any clubs that would be interested in joining this program.:)

Wonderful concept!

I support this awesome idea -- let's get on this ASAP!